Lost all my stored Math Channels Pico 7

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
ChicagoEVT

Lost all my stored Math Channels Pico 7

Post by ChicagoEVT »

Hi,

I lost all the math channels tha I have created as well as the default ones that came with the Pico 7 software.

I used pico 7 earlier today with no issues, and I tried to review a waveform later this evening and now all the math channels are nowhere to be found.

Is there any way to reload the default channels? The math channels that I have created are not to big of a deal if they can't be recovered.

Any tips would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Edward Boers

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Lost all my stored Math Channels Pico 7

Post by picowight »

Try loading up a saved waveform that used one or more of the channels they should come in with it.
I had a similar issue with stored custom probes.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Lost all my stored Math Channels Pico 7

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Edward, thank you for the post and Picowight for the follow up tip which will help

I would like to follow up on how we have lost all the math channels as this sounds like a potential nightmare!

Could you confirm the build of PS7 you are using and is this an Automotive build?

Do you have more than one build of PS7 on you PC? My thoughts here are that the saved file (saved with PS7 Auto) was reopened with another build of PS7 such as Early Access, Stable or T&M

This could be a reason why we cannot see your "created" math channels but we should still have our built-in math channels!

Have any updates been carried out recently, such as a new build of PS7 Stable/Early Access?

Have any Windows updates been carried out between your original capture and then reviewing on the evening?

The following forum post is a "work-around" when it comes to moving a large number of math channels viewtopic.php?p=39571#p39571 but is applicable when your math channel library is complete (The opposite of our current scenario above)

Note: the link above refers to PS6 but is applicable to PS7

I will sit tight for any feedback and hope we can recover your math channels ASAP

Take care.....Steve