2008 Subaru outback 2.5 na

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Jayman
OneWave
OneWave

2008 Subaru outback 2.5 na

Post by Jayman »

Good day!! I’ve got a Subaru 2.5 that I can’t seam to get the primary ignition wave form with my ta499!! I’m hooking it up according to the guided test and it’s just giving me a whacked out signal! I’ve been hooking the test lead ip to the primary negative and the battery ground and still no go!! I can get the secondary fine with the secondary pickup just no primary Pls help I’ve been on this vehicle way to long now 🙏🙏
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (3).png
Subaru_Legacy Outback_2008_Petrol_primary ignition 1 frame.psdata
primary ignition connected to primary ground and battery ground 10-1 attenuation
(226.38 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by Jayman on Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2008 Subaru outback 2.5 na

Post by vasek »

Hi.
If we are talking about the SUBARU EJ25, then a dual coil with a dual ignition switch is installed.
The ignition switch is controlled by applying a rectangular pulse with an amplitude of about +8.4 volts.
When using a 1:10 divider, a signal with an amplitude of +0.84 volts is obtained.
Attachments
SUBARU EJ25 SOHC.PNG

Jayman
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Jayman »

thanks for the reply its a 2008 outback 2.5 NA
so this is what kind of wave form I'm getting from my primary ignition connected to battery negative and primary coil negative and it does have the coil pack
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png

Jayman
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Jayman »

So I’m not sure with all the conflicting ways to get a compression reading whether this is correct or not but I got 75psi on all with 10 revolutions of the engine!! If that was the case would this engine even run? Which it barely does