Hello I am Geoff and new to Pico

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
geoffp13

Hello I am Geoff and new to Pico

Post by geoffp13 »

I am a mobile vehicle ICE and EV, IMI Level 3 awaiting confirmation of IMI Level 4, diagnostic technician based in the North East. Currently I have five independent garages that use my services regularly.
My other customer base is the general motoring public who find me on my website.
Over the past 8 years I have been using an oscilliscope on my laptop successfully however time came to get a new laptop and consider a different scope.
I looked at Picoscope 6 some time ago but did it not really offer any real advantages and the automotive scopes were quite expensive.
Taking a look at Picoscope 7 I got quite hooked in demo mode so I bought a 2204A to play with on my vehicle.
There were now quite a few features I really liked especially the ability to create and save settings for various tests. This would save me considerable time diagnosing faults.
My new laptop has an OLED display which works better in sun light. Pico 7 offers a black UI which helps by the laptop using less power and I get a full 8 hours use each day.
I have used this new combination on various vehicles both ICE and EV's with great success.
My previous laptop was touch screen so am buying a second screen for my new laptop as I understand Pico 7 supports this feature.
Will be looking to buy a 4425A hopefully soon.
Well - that's me.
Cheers.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello I am Geoff and new to Pico

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Geoff,

Welcome to the forum and your Pico journey!

Great to have you onboard and we are all here to support and help you along the way.

Nice to see your investing in the training for EV as the world slowly shifts towards this mode of transportation.

I will point you towards the following post - topic19501.html?&p=87821&hilit=2204#p87821- which talks about the limitations of the 2204 but glad your thinking of making the switch to a 4425A in the future.

There is a wealth of information on both the forum and the website. The following link will help highlight the ones we believe are useful to have to hand - topic15231.html. Not forgetting the training section on the website here - https://www.picoauto.com/library/training.

Also worth a mention is the PicoApp which is available on both Apple and Android. Search the app stores for Pico Automotive. It is just a resource and training guide but there is some useful introduction videos with this app.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben

geoffp13

Re: Hello I am Geoff and new to Pico

Post by geoffp13 »

Thanks Ben,
That's useful information which I will take on board.
Cheers
Geoff