Ford fiesta 1.6tdci Injector wave pattern

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
GGS

Ford fiesta 1.6tdci Injector wave pattern

Post by GGS »

Hi to everyone, I'm a newbie when it comes to using an oscilloscope, I have been working on Ford fiesta 1.6tdci mk7 with Bosch solenoid Injectors for many many months with very little success. Symptoms are uneven idle not from cold but after it's running for 5-10 minutes, Using my picoscope I have three pulses which I believe to be pre Injector, pilot and then main from a cold start but as it warms up I get random pulses which is causing the rough running, the strange thing is when I switch on lights heaters etc the pulse return to normal and so does the running. Injectors have been replaced twice check voltages and earths to ECU injector wiring various sensors and wires, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Regards Paul

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Ford fiesta 1.6tdci Injector wave pattern

Post by Dcunning35 »

Check the ckp signal against cyl 1 for reference, ckp tone rings are very troublesome and the magnets do seem to loose strength over time.
Might also be worth disconnecting the alternator and seeing if your symptoms are still apparent ( just put the battery on a support unit whilst testing) this would eliminate any EMF from the alternator effecting the injector solenoids
Danny

GGS

Post by GGS »

Problem solved turned out to be ECU bought a second hand module recoded the keys all good

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hi GGS,
This is interesting, it could be helpful to others in this forum.
Would you have some .psdata files to share with us? Like before with bad ECU and fixed with new ECU for example?
If so, please upload.
Thank you for update.
Regards,
Roman