2013 Audi A4 CGLC

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
metalworksauto

2013 Audi A4 CGLC

Post by metalworksauto »

found something in a waveform we have never seen before can anyone help, its the double peaks.

OneDrive link for the files for each cylinder, a Pico transducer on range 1.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvklUFhLrzpUmAFTeAJ ... =WLhTGK>

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: 2013 Audi A4 CGLC

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

Below we have the double peak you describe which is typical of a diesel engine where combustion is taking place
Image 1
Image 1
Given we access the cylinder via the glow plug drilling, if the injector remains connected or, if the injector momentarily operates, we have a sealed cylinder and therefore combustion. Spraying accelerant into the intake will also generate this double peak

The double peak indicates a dramatic increase in pressure which is expected during combustion

I notice your intake and expansion pockets are "well defined", could you confirm the pressure transducer was switched on with no pressure present at the measurement port? (i.e. open to atmosphere)
This is important for 0 bar calibration

I can see this was a running compression test, could you confirm the compression hose did not over heat during these measurements as this can weaken the hose and present erroneous readings?

Moving onto compression testing diesels with the WPS500x, could you take a look here regarding "compensation" topic16131.html

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve