1kz-te TCV vs CKP waveform

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Darren Fraser
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

1kz-te TCV vs CKP waveform

Post by Darren Fraser »

Good day all. Has anyone ever s a TCV signal in conjunction with a CKP signal on a 1996 Toyota Surf with a 1kz-te engine? The reason I'm asking is that I'm dealing with a flash code 14 on this vehicle that brings the engine check light on at idle or deceleration, more so when the engine has warmed up. Our local pump shop has advised that we retard the pump timing slightly and I was hoping to get a before and after reference waveform just for interest. I've c scoped the before waveform but not able to upload because it was done on a portable Snapon Ultra oscilloscope. Not sure if it's ok to upload jpeg on the forum and I don't think the quality will be that great. So I was wondering if there was anyone that has such a wave form together with an interpretation of the relationship between the two sensors?

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 1kz-te TCV vs CKP waveform

Post by victor2k »

Hi,
I have only one picture,the capture was deleted.With green is the crankshaft signal,with red is the pump signal.
Best regards
Attachments
IMG-20200506-WA0008.jpeg

Darren Fraser
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 1kz-te TCV vs CKP waveform

Post by Darren Fraser »

Thanks Victor. That helps me a lot. I see that the CKP pulses on the third NE pulse (same as mine) and the TCV has almost two pulses in between the CKP pulses. Mine were about halfway though.

My fault has been cleared by the way. Regarding the pump timing worked. No more MIL light and code 14.