? Building Custom Probes in PS7?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

? Building Custom Probes in PS7?

Post by DougS055 »

Hello all,
I have a question about building custom probes in PS7 if I may ask? How do I go about building a custom probe in PS7 to measure "H2O for the WPS500x pressure transducer if only Volts, Amps, Hz, Ohms, *C,*F, dB or % are the only allowable units of measure? Would it be possible to add more units of measure to this list to make it somewhat easier to build a probe, that is not covered by the list of common units above? Or am I making this task harder than it needs to be? :? :? I am wanting to learn to perform this so if a colleague who is using PS7 wants to build there own probes, I can show them how to get started.
Thank you very much for your assistance,
DougS

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: ? Building Custom Probes in PS7?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Doug, thank you for the post.

I have opted to add a short video below that will help with the WPS500 conversion to display “H2O

Hopefully the video covers all options but please feedback if I have missed anything

The psdata file from the video can be found at the end of this post and note; it contains the WPS500 custom probes which you can then save to your probe library (See image below)
Image 1A
Image 1A
Example 1.psdata
Example 1
(578.77 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Take care.....Steve

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Post by DougS055 »

Hello Steve,
I would like to thank you very much for showing the steps from start to finish on how to build custom pressure (in this case "H2O) probes for the WPS500x pressure transducer. I appreciate all of the steps you took to illustrate this process. Thank you for building the YouTube video that shows the steps in detail as I am a visual type learner.
I am sure this will help others learn how to build custom pressure probes as well as assisting me with this operation. :) 8)
Thank you again and have a great weekend.
Doug S.

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hi All,
As this topic is about building custom probes, I would like to link here another case where I have successfully utilised this PS7 function, .psdata file with loaded custom probes for current measurement in fuse slot is attached as well as some pictures of homemade tool.
https://www.picoauto.com/support/viewto ... 50#p104650

Regards,
Roman