a/c refrigerant pressure with WPS

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
jag_nerd

a/c refrigerant pressure with WPS

Post by jag_nerd »

Hi Everyone
Does anyone uses WPS for testing A/C refrigerants pressures, or made any kind of adapter that work with WPS?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: a/c refrigerant pressure with WPS

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

The following link may help here viewtopic.php?p=98706#p98706

The BNC+ pressure transducer may be a worthy alternative but of course be conscious of the maximum 14-bar limitation. https://www.picoauto.com/products/press ... er-adaptor

I hope this helps, take care......Steve

jag_nerd

Post by jag_nerd »

So I ended up connecting my WPS to high and low side of HVAC system. Looking for some input now so I can understand this. This vehicle A/C compressor with variable flow control valve and a clutch. My question is why does the low pressure system fluctuation and why is High pressure taking few seconds to react to compressor being switched on. This only occurs when the vehicle is initially started or sitting for over 2 hours. The file is too large to attach here.
Attachments
AC check with wps.JPG

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hello, I have to say, at my last experience, I didn't need to measure the HVAC refrigerant pressures with transducer but I found it interesting.
I also don't have answers for your question but more questions, further plans....

Why you don't utilise the in line existing pressure sensor? This I have done several times, comparing it with the pressure from mechanical gauge on AC machine etc.
I also often measure the compressor solenoid duty cycle and current.
However, it's cool to get measurement on scope from AC solenoid and both high and low pressure lines.
If I have a case with AC problem, I will take such measurement and post here. Already thinking how to make adapters, an extension as T junction for AC machine hoses.
Regards,
Roman