Standalone ECU Ignition Output testing

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
S4TECH75

Standalone ECU Ignition Output testing

Post by S4TECH75 »

Hello All- New to Pico and the forum. Hoping someone here may have an answer to a question that has come up regarding an ignition output circuit test.
Using a new 4425A with Pico 7. We have an ECU Master EMU Black standalone engine control unit which we are not achieving ignition at passive ignition coils. We are attempting to verify that the ecu cycled ground is actually cycling at the plug connector (coil unplugged). The ecu has an output test to actuate each coil circuit individually -This should generate a square wave signal on the negative socket pin for 5ms a total of 10 times with 50ms between events. I'm new to the pico and not finding it as user friendly as people constantly say. Im sure after a good deal more use it will seem so but.. trying to determine the correct setup to test this output. I want to test the cycled ground and the other pin is currently connected to Battery Positive 12V.

In my mind this should be blue cable to channel A of 4425, blue lead to 12v+ harness pin , black ground to cycled ground pin. Auto trigger should pick up signal. Please correct where i am wrong here. Again, this test is with harness plug connector disconnected from the coil, direct test of the ecu output signal to the coil plug connector.