Noise between 64-69 MPH

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
ploftus

Noise between 64-69 MPH

Post by ploftus »

I've got a 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia with a noise when lightly accelerating or using cruise control between 64-69 MPH. I've replaced all 4 wheel bearings and swapped wheels and tires. I used the NVH magnet on the driver seat rail and the mic taped to the driver seat. To be honest I have no idea how to interpret the recordings!
Attachments
230710_VibrationAnalyser_002.pddata
mic taped to driver seat
(634.73 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
230710_VibrationAnalyser_001.pddata
magnet on seat frame
(3.95 MiB) Downloaded 422 times

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Noise between 64-69 MPH

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

I apologize sincerely for the mega late reply, I am not sure how this slipped through without being viewed

I found your post during a forum catch up earlier this week

I am not sure if you have resolved this or not, but given the symptom "noise when lightly accelerating or using cruise control between 64-69 MPH." we are typically focused on higher frequencies

Below we have areas of concern @ 64 mph that may be relevant to your noise
Nice work above on keeping the vehicle at a fixed 64 mph on a relatively smooth road

We now need to ask ourselves, do the peaks above appear when you can hear the cabin noise?

The following case study looks at something very similar

Could you try to export the data in the signal history above to .wav format and listen to the playback via headphones? Can you hear the offending noise?

The following link describes how to export to .wav format and listen to your accelerometer

viewtopic.php?p=98084#p98084

Moving onto your second capture 230710_VibrationAnalyser_002 we appear to have a measurement error as I cannot hear any typical cabin noise (only "hiss") and there is no data recorded in the signal history

One possibility here is the Mic was not connected to channel B as required when only using a Mic in "Single channel" mode?
I hope the above helps and sorry once again for missing this post

Take care......Steve