2020 Hoda Odyssey CAN Bus

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Dave2023

2020 Hoda Odyssey CAN Bus

Post by Dave2023 »

Good morning all,
I have a 120 ohm CAN bus reading on my Odyssey which has caused the active cruise control and other CAN bus items to stop working.
The schematic lists the PCM as the location of one of the two CAN bus termination resistors...
The other termination is in the Gauge Control Module...

I read resistance across the CAN bus pins in the PCM and unfortunately I did not see 120 ohms.. (open)?
According to the schematic the termination resistor is within the PCM and should have 120 ohms accross the pins...
Do these components have a feature that would inhibit testing of the termination resistance?

Second question is has anyone seen these termination resistors fail..?

A few days ago, the wife said the car started working for about 10 minutes... Prior to her driving it I was dinkering with the CAN bus splice point attempting to isolate which end of the CAN bus was the problem child and determining if it was a wiring issue of a terminator issue.

Thoughts/suggestions?

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 2020 Hoda Odyssey CAN Bus

Post by liviu2004 »

Don’t think too fancy about it. The 120 ohms is a minuscule smd resistor soldered on the pcb. Probably wires are broken before reaching that smd resistor.