Problems activating Mongoose Pro ISO/CAN2

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
randel

Problems activating Mongoose Pro ISO/CAN2

Post by randel »

I have purchased the Mongoose Pro Iso/Can2 cable to get RPM to use with a PICO Tech NVH kit.

I have downloaded the 64bit setup for a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 11. According to the user manual from Drewtech, i need to activate the device.

Once the install software runs, it doesnt come up with an option to 'activate' the device?

I uninstalled, and reinstalled as "Administrator", but same thing - just runs through install then no prompt/message to activate the device

Contacted Drewtech, got sent a link to the Activator program, so downloaded that, but no luck activating.

Awaiting further response from Drewtech, but thought I would try here.

I have uploaded a video to youtube of running through this install - it seems so basic that it should just work. But it doesnt.

[httpsyoutube] https://youtu.be/fj7f8wAuZPs [/httpsyoutube]

Have just tried on an older Windows 10 Asus laptop - same thing.

What ever I do, i cant activate this cable.

Tried installing the Toolbox, and similar message - saying connection failed.

Could it be that the new Mongoose Pro cable is faulty? Green LED is flashing - how else do i test it?

Still awaiting feedback from Drewtech, but being in Australia and time differences make it a slow process.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Problems activating Mongoose Pro ISO/CAN2

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

Thank you for posting the video too

Given we cannot see the Mongoose listed when you click on Activate device (3:09 in the video) could you check your Mongoose is listed in the Device Manager (See image below)
Image 1
Image 1
If your device is not present in the Device Manager the drivers may not be installed!

If it is installed could you Right Click on the Mongoose and check for an updated driver
Image 2
Image 2
I hope this helps in the interim whilst Drewtech/Opus follow up with support

Take care.....Steve

randel

Post by randel »

Thanks for your help Steve.

You are right - the drivers are not installed.

I am not sure how I install them.

If I download the ISO/CAN3 set up it is about 51mb file.

The link for the ISO/CAN2 'setup' is to a .MSI file which is only 11mb or so. I run that, and it says it installs - but nothing in USB Device drivers when plugged in. Any idea what the filename of the ISO/CAN2 device driver is? Any any idea how to force an install?

I can run the ISO/CAN3 set up, and it seems to run through ok - problem is it is looking for a CAN3 device - so trying to activate it, it says it can not scan the CAN3 device (probably because mine is CAN2). I tried to run the CAN2 msi file as well, but it did not make the CAN2 show up in activator. Activator just says it is looking for a CAN3 device.

Getting extremely frustrating for something so simple that should 'just work'

randel

Post by randel »

Thanks so much for your help Steve.

The drivers werent in the device manager.

Just received another email from OPUS/Drewtech with a link to another .exe file, which looks like it has worked. I was able to activate the cable.

It would appear that the 64bit link for ISO/CAN2 setup on their website was wrong?

Havent had a chance to hook up to car as yet, but all activated OK 8) 8)

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you for the feedback which is always appreciated as this will help others

Take care.....Steve