Clearing PicoScope 7 Screen

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Jack67

Clearing PicoScope 7 Screen

Post by Jack67 »

Hello all, I'm new to the world of PicoScope. How do you clear the screen of a waveform? I was fooling around with the software and have no idea where this waveform came from or how to clear it off.
Thank you,
Jack
Attachments
Screenshot (1465).png

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Clearing PicoScope 7 Screen

Post by picowight »

That's the Demo waveform. When you open PS7 will ask you if you want to run the demo or access the attached scope, if you don't have a scope attached and don't want the demo just hit cancel.
Though you an also use all the controls on the demo to practice using the software.

Jack67

Post by Jack67 »

Thank you. I just noticed that PS 7 is not recognizing my 2205a. Any thoughts on why that's happening?

Jack

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Sadly Picoscope automotive will not work with a Test and Measurement scope such as the 2205A there is a separate P7 software, you can download it from the T&M side of Pico here : https://www.picotech.com/downloads

Just a friendly reminder if you are using your scope on anything that is likely to get close to or above the scopes rated input (even on a momentary inductive spike) to use attenuation to protect your investment. :D

Kev.