2011 Ford Fusion misfire

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
jcbryant

2011 Ford Fusion misfire

Post by jcbryant »

HI everyone

New too the forum. Needing some help on a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5L Duratec.
The engine has a misfire on cylinder #1. Most noticeable at idle. Accelerate engine no misfire, hold engine at any set rpm and can feel and hear misfire start. I've performed compression test. Running compression. Performed compression test with manual gauge and forgot to write down readings. Swapped coils and spark plugs to other cylinders. Swapped injectors to other cylinders. Checked for combustion gases in cooling system. I performed Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile learn using Ford IDS with no change to concern.
Using Ford IDS performed Relative compression. all cylinders good 0%.
I'm wondering if it is a timing concern. Though most timing concerns cause all cylinders to run rough.
I've performed Crankshaft position and camshaft position test using Pico scope. I have another vehicle at my shop with 2.5 duratec. 2011 Mercury Mariner.
Not dead set on timing being the issue but I'd like to exhaust all possibilities.
I've taken a reading from both vehicles.
The Waveform Library does not have any info for this vehicle.

Here are crank/cam readings from both cars. Both waveforms at with VCT solenoid disconnected just in case I was getting any variance from it.

The one issue I'm having when looking at these waveforms. The cam single is not the same. I tried swapping cam sensors from either car. No change.

Should I have another input to act like a marker from cylinder #1 firing?

Thanks
Chris Bryant
Attachments
Screenshot (118).png
Screenshot (117).png

jcbryant

Re: 2011 Ford Fusion misfire

Post by jcbryant »

I have a friend that has a 2011 Ford Fusion with the 2.5L. His car has no drivability issues. I'm hoping to get a read off his car in the next couple days.

I'm not looking for someone to tell me what's wrong. I'm looking for some brain storming. I worked in a dealer for 16 years. Now that I'm on my own I don't have anyone brain storm with. I actually only had one person at my dealer that I could do that with but one is better then none.

Thanks
Chris Bryant

jcbryant

Re: 2011 Ford Fusion misfire

Post by jcbryant »

Got a read off another 2011 Ford Fusion.

After comparing crank/cam graph with the a known good car.
I do not believe I have a timing concern. This is the known good fusion.
Attachments
Screenshot (131).png