cam crank audi 2.0 2015

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
mecaniqueprotech

cam crank audi 2.0 2015

Post by mecaniqueprotech »

hello
anybody has reference signal for cam crank audi 2.0 2015??

thanks

Geoff
Mecanique Protech Inc

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: cam crank audi 2.0 2015

Post by vasek »

Hi.
You need to specify the engine code.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

And posting what you have captured from the car, always shows that you have made an effort, and I believe encourages others to help you.

Kev.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

and if you are using a fine pico scope you could check the forums library :mrgreen:

mecaniqueprotech

Post by mecaniqueprotech »

cpmb 2.0 engine

i am new to using picoscope, i tried attaching a file but i guess it is too big it does not want to upload.i joined a picture, let me know if it everything is fine.
car came in from another shop. we are specialized in mercedes but shops send us their europeen cars. no start issue, usually i check timing with my pressure transducer but since it doesnt start it is not a good test.

work done at the other shop, it is a front end accidented car. timing adjuster was replaced, upper and lower timing covers where replaced. i noticed that the crank pulley bolt was not tightened properly, it was free. i took the front end off, crank sproket spun over on the crank. noticeable wear on the sproket. for fun sake, i put everything back up to normal and still no start. i took cam crank reading with pico and waiting to see if somebody else has a good known reference signal. both cam and crank sensors seem to be hall effect

next step would be to take compression, probably crooked valves but i just want to know if my cam crank pattern is ok.
Attachments
IMG_6148.jpg
cam crank a4 2014.psdata
(29.78 MiB) Downloaded 294 times

Rhothgar

Post by Rhothgar »

Hi. I'm new too so I will watch this with interest.

All I can offer is I did a cam/crank test a couple of weeks ago and the crank was a sine waveform. Not sure if that depends on the type of sensor be it hall effect or otherwise?

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by vasek »

Rhothgar wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:50 am
All I can offer is I did a cam/crank test a couple of weeks ago and the crank was a sine waveform. Not sure if that depends on the type of sensor be it hall effect or otherwise?
Hi.
Almost all modern VAG engines are equipped with digital sensors.
The engine specified in the post can be equipped with a START-STOP system.
For this system, it is important to take into account the reverse rotation of the flywheel after stopping the engine.
This is necessary to determine the exact position of the flywheel for the next start.
Therefore, the engine is equipped with a digital crank-shaft sensor with a built-in microcontroller.
The microcontroller converts the signals taken from the reference point into rectangular signals .
The signal duration in forward rotation is 40-50 microseconds,in reverse rotation 80-100 microseconds (depends
on the type of sensor used).
On the screen shot, the signal of the crank-shaft sensor is inverted.
It should look like this:
Attachments
VAG TFSI CPMA  2.0L 16V.png

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the posts and offers to help each other.

Regarding those new to Pico and looking at Cam Crank correlation measurements, the following links will help:

topic18471.html

topic21754-10.html which includes a short video

I hope this helps, take care......Steve