NVH Speaker Test

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

NVH Speaker Test

Post by Steve Smith »

A recent inquiry from a customer via the Support Desk has seen a request for a “speaker wiring test” using PicoScope.

My initial thoughts turned to measuring the voltage present across the speaker cables (using PicoScope 4225 or 4425) in order to capture the signals delivered to the speaker

This performs fine (see below) where an increase in volume results in an increase in amplitude as you might expect
AC Coupled
AC Coupled
However, keeping the same connections (connected across speaker wires) I thought about NVH.

With both speaker wires connected to Channel B of PicoScope (via a x1 Test lead) using our NVH software set into “Single Channel Mode” and Channel B set as “Microphone” we can go a step further.
NVH Set Up
NVH Set Up
Not only do we capture the audio signals present on the speaker wiring (displayed in dB) if we stop/pause the recording, playback of the captured audio signal is possible in the NVH software, so confirming the audio output of the ICE system
Speaker wiring test
Speaker wiring test
Food for thought for sure, please find the NVH file below

TEST 2 SPEAKER DISCON NVH.pddata
Speaker Test Playback
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 604 times

I hope this helps, take care……..Steve