2008 infinity G35 Can problem

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
jbakers1

2008 infinity G35 Can problem

Post by jbakers1 »

Group, I'm looking for some advice for the infinity's CAN system. I took on 2008 Infinity G35X no speedo vdc slip lights on the dash also can not control a/c heat functions when it came in the nav and radio system was also down. No com with abs, av controller and SIR. Dealer has installed three wiring harnesses and 4 modules, Ecm,ABS,IPDM,and A/C amp. I started by inspecting all the grounds even though it had new Harnesses And inspected connectors the first thing i found was that the Av display and the Ipod adaptor had the same plugs and after researching the wiring to both found they were backwards i thought i fixed it but all that fixed was the Nav And radio now works. U1000 codes in ecm ipdm and bcm Also Codes for vehicle speed sensor in bcm and a p1212 in ecm do to ABS not comm. So i started checking the dcl can lines . Ohms test on pin 6 and 14 reads 50 ohms i believe it should read 60 ohms Voltage tests read 1.5 on Can h and . 900 on can L with power on. I have unplugged most modules that i could find with no change. from what i have read is that the ecm and ipdm have the terminating resistor in them. I have read some where that this style has to have all modules plugged in and working for the Can line to be correct i do not know if that is the case or not. Not sure where to go from here any ideas or incite would be greatly appreciated

jbakers1

Re: 2008 infinity G35 Can problem

Post by jbakers1 »

trying to load a picture of the bad can lines.
Attachments
wave form of bad can line
wave form of bad can line

jbakers1

Post by jbakers1 »

Ok Stayed way late tonight and focused on this wonderful Infinity. This is what i found and how i found it. Purchased a subscription to infinity's web site and read all info on CAN System for the last two nights and determined Exactly what modules are on the vehicle and how CAN Works and how to test it. Connected Ohm Meter to Dlc 14 to ground and started unplugging Them One by one until i had OL on ohms setting then moved to high and ground and followed the same routine. I found That the seat module,Strg module are shorted on the low side and IPDM and A/V Module Is shorted on the high side.

I still need to check the voltage after we get every thing put back together.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you for all the information you have posted here as the tips you have used are invaluable.

This just goes to show how essential the correct technical information is to a successful diagnosis (Along with the hours of study)

How are you getting on?

Do you now have the typical 60 Ohm resistance value after your rectification?

Would you we able to post your psdata files here before and after fix?

Many thanks again, take care......Steve