leemack wrote:I configured a probe from the results of a pressure/voltage test but sith the engine running the zero voltage drops negative so the zero psi isn't correct from the start.
Without the engine running the 0psi scsle of 0.5v = 0 psi is correct. I've now got the use of a wps500 instead but it would've been nice to get it working.
You have now proven to yourself the problem with most transducers out there. You cannot make a custom probe for a transducer that is inaccurate. They work OK in a static measurement application but are wildly inaccurate under dynamic conditions such a running compression test.
As far as I know, there are only three transducer choices that don't have this problem. The Pico WPS, the Fluke PV350, and the DCTI. We did extensive testing here on dozens of transducer candidates for the developer of the DCTI and found them all problematic. He ended up having one custom engineered. Of these choices, the WPS is the most versatile.
The ONLY PicoScope automotive specialists in North America