New User - NVH Diagnostics Kit

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
demodan
OneWave
OneWave

Re: New User - NVH Diagnostics Kit

Post by demodan »

One thing I've found today whilst testing (3 axis vibration sensor this time) is that the 'Signal Options' box is not present, how can I access this?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Hi demodan,

The signal options has been made part of the Advanced Features, and as such is not enabled by default, at least not at the moment...

To gain access to this setting, once within the NVH test software please choose "Options > Advanced Options". Here, choose the Features tab, and check the Enable Advanced Features box.

You will see the Signal Options setting will now have appeared on the Setup tab of the NVH test page.
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

demodan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by demodan »

This is the file requested by Steve Smith

In the rpm/time graph it can be seen that the rpm peaks at 10 seconds, whereas on the 3D frequency graph the order curves (1st & 2nd order) can be seen to peak at about 9 seconds then decay from 9-10 seconds. This is where I think there is a phasing issue.
Attachments
160518_VibrationAnalysiser_002.pddata
This is the file requested by Steve Smith
(628.4 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Demodan and sorry for my late reply.

Thank you for the attached file and the clarification.

I need to dig deeper here with the development team as I am not sure about a number of issues when plotting RPM change in 3D Frequency view.

I need to clarify if RPM data is subjected to a "Transfer" process as with signal data via the accelerometer. (This could account for delay if applicable)

I need to understand the update speed of RPM change in 3D frequency view. (Especially given the abrupt RPM change at 10 seconds in the signal history.)

The accuracy of the time axis in relation to plotting RPM change is challenging too (without rulers) where RPM changes rapidly.

We could have a number of outcomes here, a Bug, New Feature Request, or Characteristic Operation

Rest assured I will catch up with the team this week and feedback.

Thank you again for your patience, take care.......Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again Demodan and sorry once again for a late reply.

I have spoken to the development team and the best way to research this concern is to fully look through the build of the software and record how the data is processed in this view with regards to engine speed/frequency

For this I will file a bug reported based on the example and file you have given.

This will go through the resolution process and as soon as I have more feedback I will get back to you.

Thank you once again for your input to date

Take care.......Steve

demodan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by demodan »

OK, thanks - please update me when you have an answer.

demodan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by demodan »

Hi,

Do you have any news on this yet?

Thanks

Dan

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Dan I hope you are well?

Sorry nothing as yet, I have checked and requested the bug report for an update

Rest assured I will feedback to you

Take care......Steve

demodan
OneWave
OneWave

Post by demodan »

Hi Steve,

I carried out some more tests last week with the microphone position set at engine bay instead of cabin.

This has fixed the OTL problem and meant that we could listen to the audio in full.

The synchronisation problem on the waterfall charts is still present.

Regards

Dan

doylej

Post by doylej »

Steve Smith wrote:
Sat May 21, 2016 3:53 pm

1. Only 50 seconds of data available? This is the default recording time of the NVH software but can be extended to a maximum of 500 seconds:
Remember, whilst recording, you can press the space bar to pause recording if the vibration has cleared (or you need to stop the vehicle) and restart when relevant
Steve I am not seeing the dropdown for changing the recording time mentioned in item 1 on our setup. Am I doing something wrong?
JIM DOYLE
AoA