Renault Espace 4 Can Bus

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
AlanEss

Renault Espace 4 Can Bus

Post by AlanEss »

Hi everyone. I am completely new to all this. That probably explains why I bought a second hand 4424, because I didn't realise the 4425 was the dedicated auto scope.
However I can still use it though not with the auto software.
I am the owner of a Renault Espace 4 2.2 Dci turbo. I have just rebuilt the engine with new rings and shellls etc.
Using the Renault Can Clip software it reported that there was a problem communicating with some of the computers on the multiplex network.

having connected to the Can Bus with my scope. I have readings which are not mirror images of each other from the Can High and Can Low.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is going on?

I will attempt to upload the readings from the scope, which were taken from the diagnostic socket.
Attachments
espace 4 caan bus 1 no rcharge.psdata
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 810 times

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Renault Espace 4 Can Bus

Post by Robski »

I am the owner of a Renault Espace 4 2.2 Dci turbo. I have just rebuilt the engine with new rings and shellls etc.
Using the Renault Can Clip software it
I bought a second hand 4424
WOW :shock: RCC, scope, cheaper taking it to a garage than buying that lot surely (guessing you're a DIY'r ?), what version RCC ?
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is going on?
That's what a scan tool/scope & tech info is for isn't it ?

Use an official WD & network topology & isolate controller's/wiring sections .............

NOTE : I have not looked at the file.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

The Network looks poor, I am assuming that you have checked the resistance of the Power Train BUS?
A reading of approximately 60 Ohms should be recorded.

Where any U Codes recorded?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

It might be an idea OP if you speculate what the problem is with the car ?

AlanEss

Post by AlanEss »

Sorry everyone did not realise the scan results do not open on the forum.
I have checked the resistance it is62 ohms.
The trace is not a flat base line, but shows as a fuzzy baseline about 1/4 inch high. Not as it shonuld be, flat nd the signals are peaks and troughs not square waveforms as they are in one of the case studies

The can low red trace shows troughs that cut though the baseline signal.

That is as c!ear as I can describe it in words.

Alan

tode
OneWave
OneWave

Post by tode »

The signal line can No problem is speculate and electrical levels are ok, to collect more reliable measurements on bus line serves a special probe that limits the noise due to the impedance of the input channels of Pico.
In cars Renault communication problems, they are due:
to internal failures of the control units that do not communicate;
or to a wrong configuration of the CAN, in dedicated units, such as UCH and Airbag.
Warning: if you use the original diagnosis (or similar !!!) you can rlevare communication failures do not really exist if the motor is turned off because of the CAN lines is awake, but do not generate type errors Uxxxx.