Merc E220 bluetec 2015

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Automod
OneWave
OneWave

Merc E220 bluetec 2015

Post by Automod »

Good evening all.

Has anyone had experience with an 8 wire nox sensor.
I have a mercedes c220 bluetec 2015 with a code P229f x2 which will not go away, I have replaced the sensor but the code remains, I have tested all powers going in and earths, traced all wires back to ecu in the boot which is connected to adblue system even with that ecu unplugged still get the same codes.
Now if I unplug the nox it comes up with a code saying no communication with that sensor but still keeps the P229f codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Merc E220 bluetec 2015

Post by vasek »

Hello.
Is it done?
Attachments
MB204002 CR42 0M651.png

Automod
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Automod »

Hi thank you for reply is this done on Star ?

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by vasek »

Hi.
MB Xentry on VM + C4(brick) clone.

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

A few questions:

What description do you have for P229f x2 ? Can you post a picture please ?

Where did you get the new sensor ?

What is guided testing telling you for that code ?
traced all wires back to ecu in the boot
I'm guessing you have tested for continuity, however cross contamination or a short could still exist.

Automod
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Automod »

So a little update, after borrowing someone's Xentry machine I managed to do full diagnostics, followed every step and everything comes back successfull???
There is only one code now saying component failure, but also if turn the key of and start it up again 3 or 4 times the engine light comes on and throws a Adblue component fail..... so went through all of the tests with that and all is good..... only 1 step I haven't done because I don't have log in details is update the SCN which it tells you to do in the test for the Nox sensor. The sensor itself is working as it should its displaying everything correct according to Xentry.
Now conflicting talk about being able to put a secondhand one on, as it says in this program that these Nox are a once time plug and can't be reused on other vehicles...

So as it stands 1 code still remains but no warning light on, customer taking car tomorrow as has a long drive which should bring dpf down abit more as he normally only drives town and was at 192% I took for a drive and managed to get it down to 114% but time hasn't been on my side.

Automod
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Automod »

This is driving me crazy, before I send this car to Merc can anyone else shed some light on this please....

Put a brand new Nox on but still get a code that its faulty, but everything else check out, and 3 key ons to ignition brings an Ad blue fault. Have tried re-learning but this code remains.
I can't code it as don't have any log in details....
Help lol
Thanks is in advance.

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by vasek »

Hi.
Only-the opinion.
It is possible, that without SCN coding, you will not finish the repair.
There were cases-similar to Yours.
But they belonged to the early releases of models with the SCR system.
The problems with SCR after repair, could only be solved by SCN coding the ECU.
If you see the current NOx values in the scanner parameters, and these values change depending on the engine operating mode,the sensor, its controller and wiring are in order.
Whether the ECU is subject to mandatory coding when replacing the sensor with a new one, can be seen in the lines of the SCR ECU Protocol.
But you need to understand each value of the Protocol at the level of the authorized dealer.
At the station of the official dealer, no one bothers with the question of coding or not the ECU.
Stuttgart decides everything for you - automatically.