Bug with touchscreens

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
MachOne

Bug with touchscreens

Post by MachOne »

I'm running a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with my Pico 4425. The SP6 is running the latest version of windows, 1903, and has a core i5 8250U and 8gb of RAM. It is running version 6.13.17.4271 of PicoAutomotive.

The Surface Pen, which is a Wacom compatible device, works with MOST things in the PicoAutomotive software. I can select buttons, and use the menus at the top of the screen. If I need to do anything in the actual scope window, thats a big nope from the software. I can not adjust the vertical scale, or select/move any triggers.

The Surface Pen is running in mouse compatibility mode. Meaning, if the pen tip hovers above the screen and moves, the PC recognizes it as mouse movement, and moves the cursor accordingly. When you actually press the pen tip to the screen, this is a left click, and a right click happens by pressing the pen button, and touching the screen.

The Surface Pen simply does not work in the scope window, at all.

The pen works as intended and described above in every other application I use and have tested.

I understand I'm a minority that needs this issue resolved. It would be great if it could be fixed, because it would make the software just a tad more powerful.

Thanks for everything. Love this thing!

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Bug with touchscreens

Post by ben.martins »

Hello MachOne,

Thank you for your post and great to see you using the tablet with your Pico. Whilst as you say you maybe in the minority but if we can rectify this then maybe more will look to tablet use in the future.

Rest assured, I will raise this with the software team. If it's possible, can I ask you to send in a video to support the issue? If you could email it into support@picoauto.com, mention the forum and myself and I can then add it to the ticket.

Thank you for your continued support and we will keep looking to make PicoScope even better!

Kind regards

Ben

Kilo_SSK

Post by Kilo_SSK »

Oh, you can use a pen tablet for that as well? It is a surprise to me!
And is it possible to use PicoScope on an Android or Windows tablet PC? I have an USB adapter if needed, but I want to know if it is compatible and if it is not too much for weak tablet processors...

MachOne

Post by MachOne »

So sorry, I totally forgot that I posted this till now. I will record a video of the issue tomorrow, and forward it to the email address listed.

Kilo, Yes, I use my Pico on a Windows 10 Home (NOT RT) tablet with a Wacom pen. Even on the Power Saving power plan, I have zero lag issues in PicoAutomotive. Granted this is an 8th gen core i5 I'm working with.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Machone,

Really not a problem, I know how busy we all are.

If we can replicate it in the same way then we can better understand the concern.

Thank you for your support and assistance.

Kind regards

Ben

Gaz_13
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Gaz_13 »

Hello,

I'm on a tablet too. Its a Ruggon rexstorm px501, Windows 10 version 1903, 8gb ram, Intel i5-5350cpu 1.8ghz. Same issue as MachOne.id be happy to help out with testing software updates etc. So far I'm running in demo mode as funds don't quite allow the hardware purchase just yet.

Thank you
Gaz