New PicoScope Automotive Software 6.13.17.4271

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

New PicoScope Automotive Software 6.13.17.4271

Post by Steve Smith »

With thanks to the software team here at Pico we now have a new stable version of our automotive software (6.13.17.4271) which can be downloaded here: https://www.picoauto.com/downloads

Please find below a list of the new features and bug fixes that are relevant to this new software:
· PicoScope 6 Automotive 6.13.17.4271
· PicoDiagnostics 1.14.0.4271

These build includes:

Bug Fixes:
• Custom probe creation would result in a crash of PicoScope 6 Automotive software, although the Custom probe Import feature still worked. This problem is now resolved
• Decoding on a live Math Channel at 20ms/div forced the user to close and reopen PicoScope. This problem is now resolved
• File export to .csv is now compatible with regional delimiter variations (for example, semi-colon for Germany, Italy, Netherlands)

NVH New Features:

• Addition of “Clear All” button
• Addition of “Channel Info” button
• All inputs (Including accelerometers) can be exported in a single operation
• Diagram view displays a Pictogram of the vehicle along with Detail tables displaying the typical known vibration orders
• Accelerometer captures can now be played back (as .wav files)
• Selected region of interest within the signal history can be exported as a .pddata file
• “Print Report” option will now include a summary of Channel information
• Gear shift position is always present in the signal history (if included in vehicle information)
• Tire sizes can now be added in multiple formats and can also include half sizes for commercial vehicles
• Where tire sizes differ from front to rear axle, their respective vibration orders will be displayed separately

Additional information on our new NVH features can be found here: topic21639.html

We would like to apologise for the issue surrounding Custom Probe Creation that previously resulted in the software crashing.

While hindsight is a wonderful thing, such a fundamental glitch in our software should have been identified before release. This highlighted a flaw in our test and release process which has now been addressed.

This has resulted in the delayed release of a new version of the software, for which we apologise once again, but it is imperative that we ensure that our software performs seamlessly at the coalface, as we techs depend on accurate results to make the right diagnosis.

Please download this new version of the software with confidence and should you have any feedback regarding the performance or new features then feel free to post here, contact us on Facebook or send an email to support@picotech.com

Take care......Steve

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: New PicoScope Automotive Software 6.13.17.4271

Post by liviu2004 »

Thank you.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

I’ve tested a car today, unfortunate the scope software freezes. When I changed a channel from AC coupling to DC coupling, and trying to activate filter.
It took a minute for it to unfreeze.
Attachments
DCBDD780-05C2-42D0-8FD8-649EC7793B6E.jpeg
CABD0242-29EB-400D-9B7D-EECCA0F1A2E5.jpeg

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

I too have been struggling with the software freezing, it has happened twice today the first time was when it was loading up and then again later on whilst using the scope I was changing a channel setting from a back probe to an amp clamp and once I’d selected the clamp the software froze and I had to shut it down and start again.
The other odd thing that happened was when trying to stop the waveform and save the buffer the stop play seemed to swap around I.e stop symbol would make it play and vice versa, I thought it was me at first but after losing my capture 3 times I figured out what was going on.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
For me work good on w7/64 bits,no freeze,only sometimes the scope can't be detected at starting.
I can load/create custom probes,I can use the pressure sensor in PicoDiagnostics/CompressionTest :D
Best regards

tkelly

Post by tkelly »

I am also having some freezing problems.Running win7 pro and also win10 pro on two different computers.have latest software version 6.13.17.4271.When attempting to switch from ac to dc volts the screen hangs and flashes a few times but wont usually switch for a minute or two. Sometimes it needs to be restarted.I have even had it happen with no leads hooked to scope just plugged into computer.I tried another computer that still had an older version and it doesn't seem to happen.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you all once again for the continued feedback.

The freezing issue when switching coupling modes during capture has been resolved and we are testing a Release Candidate at present.

As soon as we are happy, rest assured this will be released.

This feedback has been a tremendous help as it provides real usage from the coal face.

With the testing that I had carried out I must admit I never changed coupling mode during capture and I hold my hands up to that.

As a result this will now become a test feature (switching coupling modes during capture) for every future software version to ensure we build a more robust test plan for each release

Thank you again, take care.....Steve

tkelly

Post by tkelly »

Along the same line i wonder if screen size is an issue. I have an issue with the coupling selector not showing up in certain screen sizes.oddly enough with 13 and 15 inch screen size the probe drop down bar cuts off the coupling button.No resizing of the pico on a full size laptop shows the coupling tab.It also cuts it off on my 10 inch toughbook in with the screen full size but if i run it half screen size the coupling tab reappears in the probe drop down.Hopefully in the pic you can see the missing coupler button to see what i am refering too.
Attachments
coupling missing.png
ac coupling.png

Sharpy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Sharpy »

I must say the initial freezing issues seem to have passed so likely due to the laptop I was using although there does seem to be a delay with the play and stop capture so its easy to lose the capture as I have done a few times. It would be nice to know if anyone else has the same issue or if that's due to the pc or win 10 the spacebar has always been hit and miss for me regardless of software version or pc/laptop sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Once again, thank you for the continued feedback and patience with the coupling concern mentioned above.

This has now been resolved and a new version (6.13.18) will be available from tomorrow afternoon (12/06/19) here: https://www.picoauto.com/downloads

To clarify, when changing the coupling mode with a reduced screen size (Coupling integrated into Channel Options) PicoScope would become unresponsive and appear to hang.
In extreme cases PicoScope could take 60 seconds to recover to normal operation

The new version 6.13.18 has been through the test procedures above with the coupling concern now added as a routine test prior to release

Thank you for your patience and should you have any concerns with the latest version please feedback via support@picotech.com

Take care......Steve