Re: Capcha

Post by Technician »

Agreed :cry:

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

I have put so much effort into contributing on this forum with all the accompanying graphics to then waste my time with the capcha.
I don't think pico have any idea how much it extinguishes enthusiasm. I can't be bothered any more with it, (picoscope) as there are no reliable channels to share our work on.
For years all we have heard of is "we're going to fix it"

Over three years ago I brought this up. And nothing.

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Don't bother responding.
It's an old broken record.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello FF and thank you for the post.

I think the only way to respond is with a number of facts which I will obtain from our IT Team.

I have also experienced Capcha issues when travelling or working remotely so believe me I understand the frustration

I have to say I and many others would be most disappointed if our Capcha feature deterred you from posting.

Your contributions over many years have been invaluable, educating, promoted discussion and challenged theories/opinions which is exactly what the forum is all about.

I will be training over the next 2 days but will catch up with the IT Team for support rest assured

Take care.....Steve

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Fat Freddy thank you for your patience on this matter.

I wanted to return to you with a number of facts about Capcha and security settings, but to do so would no doubt introduce "risk" to the relevant server.

I spoke to the IT Team yesterday and they understand the frustration generated by the current security settings.

As you may be aware the Auto Forum received an update/upgrade recently that by its nature has improved security

As a result of the IT meeting, a number of amendments have now been made to the security settings that we hope will allow greater freedom to post the expected file extensions and links etc. without the intrusion of Capcha

With that said, sufficient security for the forum/server must remain in place as only yesterday I was shown how a direct attempt to access the server had been prevented by the previous security settings. (Basically these threats are for real)

From my experience of posting outside Pico, I know first hand how internet access and geographical location can have an influence on how "fluid" posting can or cannot be.

What I would hope for now is that you attempt to post once again and let me know if you experience the same issues that have raised this concern?

If you do not wish to post or try again I understand, but it would be helpful to grasp if the amendments made to the security settings have improved the current situation.

If not, I would be happy to call you to create a report (step by step flow) of the events that lead up to the Capcha intrusion and failure to post.

I hope this helps in the interim and I sincerely look forward to any feedback you can provide

Take care.....Steve