Renault Kangoo K9K diesel no start

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
lexion770

Renault Kangoo K9K diesel no start

Post by lexion770 »

Renault Kangoo K9K diesel high pressure pump failed and damaged the injectors.
I have removed and flushed out the tank.
Replaced all fuel lines, low and high pressure.
Replaced the fuel filter.
Installed a reconditioned high pressure pump, with one years warranty.
Installed new injectors and coded the fuel trim.
Not replaced the rail or fuel pressure sensor.
The engine will not start attached is a trace of the fuel pressure sensor during cranking.
Key on = 0.5V then during cranking will rise above 1V then drop off.
I have tried crasnking with the regulator solenoid valve disconnected(valve fully open) still no start.
Tried with a fuel supply directly from a clean remote supply but still no start.
Any ideas?
No codes present after cranking.
Attachments
RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR 2.psdata
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 709 times

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Renault Kangoo K9K diesel no start

Post by ronw38 »

Check Pico Automotive - Sensors - Fuel Pressure - Common Rail Diesel. the capture will show you need 1+ volts to start and idle the engine , assuming the sensor is ok you need to check the pressure control refer to Pico Training Videos Frank Massey's #7 and #8 they should steer you in the right direction , hope this helps . Ron

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by ronw38 »

One other point , where extensive fuel system removal and replacement has been carried out I have struck occasions where the supply line has been swapped with the return line hence no pressure , not sure if this could happen in your situation ??? Cheers Ron

landroverman1958
OneWave
OneWave

Post by landroverman1958 »

Hi just a thought crack injector nuts to purge any trapped air,i have seen this cause a non start issue,

Dieseler

Post by Dieseler »

Hi all.Renault duster 2017 K9K .high pressure fuel pump replaced(continental) . At startup there is a set of pressure somewhere around 300 bar but suddenly the pressure drops , there are no errors. Any problem lies at the software level or any sort of adaptation needed?

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by s4c »

Hi Dieseler

You need to start a different thread for the issue you have and supply a lot more information if you want the the professional techs on here to give up their valuable time to help you

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by kona »

Dieseler wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:58 am
Hi all.Renault duster 2017 K9K .high pressure fuel pump replaced(continental) . At startup there is a set of pressure somewhere around 300 bar but suddenly the pressure drops , there are no errors. Any problem lies at the software level or any sort of adaptation needed?
Hello.
There are cases when reprogramming solved all problems.
Exactly Renault Duster K9K. First step. May be. :wink:

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

As with any CR Diesel no start lets take a look at FRP, Injector Current (get all 4 in the clamp), CKP for RPM.

That would be a good foundation to build on.
Not replaced the rail or fuel pressure sensor.
WHY ???
delete  7.JPG
Your FRP is at or above 1.0v for all of about 13mS then dips off. That's why it wont start.

If your low pressure supply is good then my GUESS is that you have a Bad Pump or Injector(s)

Leak off test ?
Dead Head Pump ?
Blank all injector Pipes, then remove one by one to establish which one(s) are bad.

javierlopez478

Post by javierlopez478 »

GOOD MORNING
I know it is late to respond but perhaps my contribution will help other people
In this type of injection, the injection system must be purged very well, because if the injectors cannot be seized even if they are new
Another typical failure in these engines that I don't think is the case is the rail pressure sensor connector

JoaoGaudencio

Post by JoaoGaudencio »

javierlopez478 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:43 am
GOOD MORNING
I know it is late to respond but perhaps my contribution will help other people
In this type of injection, the injection system must be purged very well, because if the injectors cannot be seized even if they are new
Another typical failure in these engines that I don't think is the case is the rail pressure sensor connector
Hi!

All of injection system must be purged well.. And we have to check every leaks! One typical failure in these engines is the rail pressure/connector. The starter doesn't receive the signal and the engine won't start too!