Beta 6

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
nigel bennett

Beta 6

Post by nigel bennett »

We have installed beta 6 and it has apparently disabled the parallel port to which we connect to the ADC 212 through.
If we uninstall beta 6 all returns to normal, I should say we are still running version 5 on the same pc and with version 6 install it makes using it impossible because of the afore mentioned fault ,has anybody had similar or possible a fix or where to look, many thanks regards Nigel.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Parallel

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Nigel,

I thought it was just me :wink: Yes, I have noticed this. It doesn't matter how you configure the Parallel port in the bios..it just won't work anymore. What fixes it temporarily is to re-install PicoScope 5 and choose the repair option (no need to uninstall). Then it will work. PicoScope 5 or 6 will be able to access a 212 unit connected to the parallel port. Not sure what kills it again but I have had to do this twice.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

nigel bennett

Post by nigel bennett »

Thankyou very much,i will try that in morning when i get to work,and i will let you know what happen,regards Nigel.

webjag

Post by webjag »

While installing PicoScope 6 you should see a screen that asks you to choose a device. On this screen there is an option 'Install for other devices'. Tick this box.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Other Devices

Post by Autonerdz »

Thanks, David. When I installed PS6 I did check the box for other devices. I hardly ever use the 212 since I have the 3000 series, but a couple of weeks ago I was looking into a support issue one of my customers was having with a 212 and noticed that I couldn't establish communication with it through the parallel port. It went USB with a converter just fine. Nothing I did with the parallel port settings helped. Repairing PS5 with the install package fixed it. I'll have to pay more attention to what kills it again.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

nigel bennett

Post by nigel bennett »

Thanks Autoneerdz ,as you said and it worked ,i also checked the box for other devices but to know avale.
I have informed support ,but perhaps its just a conflict with my mother board ?,anyway thanks again,regards Nigel.

nigel bennett

Post by nigel bennett »

Thanks Autoneerdz ,as you said and it worked ,i also checked the box for other devices but to know avale.
I have informed support ,but perhaps its just a conflict with my mother board ?,anyway thanks again,regards Nigel.