2018 Roadshow, scope owners not invited!! Really??

Found a useful article or video on the web? Post links that will help other PicoScope users here.
mcwayne

2018 Roadshow, scope owners not invited!! Really??

Post by mcwayne »

Finding an announcement for the 2018 roadshows, without haste I sent off my application for a July date. The reply that I received I was quizzed for further details, when I advised that I was a current scope owner very much a novice and limited experience the response that I was left with..... "Really the event is aimed at non owners" meaning unless you are likely to become a prospective purchaser, then you are not really welcome. It was further suggested that I could be advised of "training opportunities" (no doubt at a premium). Would it not occur to Pico demonstrators that as an owner of an advanced kit and WPS and having already made a considerable invested commitment I might just be more of a potential punter when it comes to expanding or adding further accessories..... So much for loyal customer rewards hey!....Pico have you not yet grasped the ideology that a wholehearted honest recommendation from a satisfied end user has a greater chance of reassuring a potential purchaser than that of some fleeting hard sell event. Needless to say I remain somewhat disillusioned by Pico's approach to this.

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: 2018 Roadshow, scope owners not invited!! Really??

Post by PhilS »

Dear mcwayne

Firstly, many thanks for being a loyal PicoScope customer and user and for taking the time to shout when you see something going wrong.

As you rightly say, happy customers using PicoScope to diagnose problems and building their business are the best recommendation we can have. At Pico we do want to treat our customers well but have clearly failed in this instance, and we are acting on that right away.

While we have organised the roadshow to support our distributors, they are managing their own venues and attendees. We certainly don't want anyone to feel unwelcome or discriminated against because they have already bought a scope. These events, supported by Pico and organised by the distributors, have been aimed at helping technicians whose knowledge of scope diagnostics ranges from beginner to intermediate. It is true that as an experienced user, you would probably have a lot of valuable advice to share with other attendees, but maybe would not get as much out of the event yourself as someone newer to scope diagnostics. I have attended lots of exhibitions where one of our customers just starts demonstrating and explaining the tool to someone with a question; so we do want you involved and able to access the Pico experts. Now that we have a workshop here at Pico we are also organising some events, but that may be a bit too far for you.

Irrespective of who you speak to and where, we want our wider Pico community (including our distributors, trainers and everyone here at Pico), to appreciate the contribution that everyone makes on the forum, through the waveform library and generally sharing their experience and knowledge so freely. I know that there is limited space on some events, and it is sad that not everyone can attend the first tour. We don't see this as a one-off event, and are grateful for the feedback and requests for information so we can see where demand is greatest. I have also private messaged you regarding the venue that was of interest to you. I am sure the guys would be happy to see you in the bar after one of the events if the one you want is already filled. If all the places for this event are taken, we would be happy to take your details and let you know in advance of the next event in your area.

I know that training is also a constant discussion; we have lots of independent trainers who sometimes have to work hard to fill their classes, but there is also a great appetite for more training (not just PicoScope, but practical diagnostic techniques). It may be that some other training events would be of more interest to you, and please do directly email suggestions at any time to support@picotech.com.

We always welcome ideas and suggestions from all Pico users (not just in the UK), so please feel free to contact us at any time.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

mcwayne,

I am sure Phil will get this straightened out for you.

This is a great idea to have classes. We have been doing it ourselves since we built our facility here over a decade ago. The classes are only for our customers who already have one of our custom kits. They have been attended by techs from as far away as Australia. We are in Washington State USA. These classes are only one part of our comprehensive resources package. We also have live online events that are a lot easier to attend... and so much more. Most find that they have no need to attend a class in person with all the other resources available to them.

All these resources are not sponsored by anyone and the funds for them are provided entirely by our customer's equipment purchases. This is how we thank them for supporting us. Pretty stoopid business model....

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB ... 1480719824

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Autonerdz wrote:
Pretty stoopid business model....

Stoopid, no way, its a case of customer service vs profit, profit, profit £££

If i'd known back then what I know now Im sure I would have chosen different

keep up the good work

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Liteace wrote:
Autonerdz wrote:
Pretty stoopid business model....

Stoopid, no way, its a case of customer service vs profit, profit, profit £££

If i'd known back then what I know now Im sure I would have chosen different

keep up the good work
What he said ^

Stoopid Tom?, not in my book. Keep up the excellent work.

I wrote on this thread a dozen times and deleted it. Everything I try to articulate sounds confrontational, something I don’t want at all.

The best I can describe Pico is FRUSTRATING, very frustrating.

There is some discord here though.....
Discord.
(noun
lack of concord or harmony between persons or things:
disagreement; difference of opinion.
strife; dispute; war.
Music. an inharmonious combination of musical tones sounded together.
any confused or harsh noise; dissonance)
Source : http://www.dictionary.com/browse/discord

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi mcwayne

I just wanted to follow up on your wish to attend one of the July events.

If you can PM me (or email support@picotech.com) with your details I am sure we can sort something out - whether that distributor had already filled their event or not.

If you are still interested, please let me know.

There is also a special email for the roadshow - roadshow@picoauto.com

Best regards,
Phil

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

PM replied to PhilS

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

PhilS,

I’m pleased you found our private conversation useful and constructive. I’ll keep it private after all ‘PM’ is a private message.

It will be interesting to see if Pico actually implement anything discussed?

My opinion: In reality, I’m not very optimistic. Let’s all hope though eh!

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

I rang a local Pico supported business numerous times as I have done in the past, and I have emailed them countless times and nobody ever returns a phone call or an email ever. I can't begin to understand how Pico ever contacted them and I am completely at a loss how the company ever talk to anyone outside their business premises.

This is not the first time I have tried to contact this local training company, very well known via the internet and been around (In theory) many years, even sell some of their training material via the pico website.

I tried to book a few places for later in the year as I have some friends also very interested in attending the roadshow, all new training electricians that could become users of pico, but it looks like we won't be attending the roadshow this year!

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi Technician.

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a reply from one of our partners.

If you drop some details in an email to support@picotech.com we'll get on the case.

Regarding the roadshow just send your details to support@picotech.com or roadshow@picoauto.com and we'll look at how best to help.

Best regards,
Phil