Things I'd like to see kept from version 5.14

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
jracic

Things I'd like to see kept from version 5.14

Post by jracic »

We have used the beta quite a bit, and I really like it. It is fast, powerful, and many things are a lot easier to use.

It seems to have been designed for a desktop computer with a nice mouse attached. But many of us use a laptop, with a rubber keyboard protecter, and a touchpad. An external mouse just doesn't work well in a cart, there is no room, and the wireless part doesn't work well with a steel cart.

So I would like to ask that if possible the final version also contain a couple of features that were in 5.14. The selectable zooms (x5, x10, etc) are so much easier to use in a work enviroment than trying to draw a box with a touchpad. Would it be possible to include them also? (the box zoom is neat also, please do not eliminate it!)

And the dropdown menus are also not as easy to navigate. For example selecting a time base is, for me, much easier when the whole menu is displayed, instead of trying to scroll down the menu and picking the wrong time by accident. Is it possible to put a selection in there for use short menus or long menus?

The program is great, thank you for the effort you have put into this version.

Michael
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Our development team will be pleased to hear this.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

wbglee

Something I would also like

Post by wbglee »

What I would like in Pico 6 is also what I would like in Pico 5. I think that when we open a new scope view it should open with our presets instead of with one chanel already set. Even better maybe we should have the option of "open new scope window" or "open new default window". Also I would like the "zero" horizontal reference to remain visible when we zoom in on a capture. Even if it is not in the middle of the screen I think that if it is on the screen it should be drawn as "0".
That is my little 2 cents.
Thank You

ed800uk
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Things I'd like to see kept from version 5.14

Post by ed800uk »

jracic wrote:It seems to have been designed for a desktop computer with a nice mouse attached.
Is it possible to put a selection in there for use short menus or long menus?.
I agree with these points. User-friendliness needs low click-counts. Having to drag a scroll bar is user-hostile.

For several reasons, though, R6 is better than R5 was. You do less damage when you accidentally miss the target with an oily finger on the touchpad.

Still, for all menus, it would be better to display all the options (rather than have a scroll box) if they can be fitted into the window.

Whether or not you scroll, it's good to start centred at the setting that already pertains, rather than at one of the extremes (which I think R5 does). Hopefully you might make your choice with just one or two up/down arrows, rather than mouse clicks.

Regards,
Ed