Change Start Stop Button Function

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
ashtray1987
OneWave
OneWave

Change Start Stop Button Function

Post by ashtray1987 »

I don't know how many other users have come across this, but there have been several occasions where I have captured an intermittent fault, only to hit the stop button and have it click twice.

If the stop button is clicked twice the memory buffer will be wiped and a new capture is started, subsequently deleting the data...

I have used several laptops with trackpads that have a tendency to double click, or there are occasions where the space bar does actuate the stop function.

Is it possible to change this software so that once stop is pressed, only the start button will resume the recording?

I would really appreciate this change, as it is my only bugbear with the software, otherwise it is fantastic.

Cheers,
Ash

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Change Start Stop Button Function

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Ash and thank you for the post.

I too have experienced similar issues when using laptop trackpads that I am not familiar with and accept this can be a real nuisance (especially if you have lost the data you need for proof)

As an interim I have attached a video below on how to reassign another key on your keyboard to impliement the Stop/Start feature.
KEYBOARD SHORT CUT.mp4
Keyboard Shortcut
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 447 times
I will request an option to allow pause only (via space bar) and restart must be actioned through the start button. (Sounds like a fail safe option)

With regards to the intermittent operation of the spacebar when it comes to Stop/Start capture, ensure your mouse pointer is on-screen (within the white grid area) when using the spacebar.

In the video I have highlighted an example where the mouse pointer is hovering over the window zoom feature, in which case the Stop/Start via the spacebar is inhibited. (This would also apply to any key you assign to Stop/Start)

I hope this helps, take care.......Steve

ashtray1987
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Change Start Stop Button Function

Post by ashtray1987 »

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the quick feedback :-)

Cheers,
Ash