WPS500 hoses

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

WPS500 hoses

Post by Liteace »

I see the comp hoses for the WPS kits have been updated, when did this happen ?

One of the hoses in the "early" kit is a proper PITA, I think its the 14mm, the one with the threaded collar on, every time its removed / unscrewed from the engine the collar unscrews with it and buggers up the rubber seal, what do we have to do to solve the problem buy the newer type hoses ?

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: WPS500 hoses

Post by Liteace »

It's strange how questions on the
Pico support forum
get ignored when needed!!!!!!!!

speck
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by speck »

Hasn,t happened to me once. How about putting a drop of
lock tight on.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Liteace wrote:I see the comp hoses for the WPS kits have been updated, when did this happen ?

One of the hoses in the "early" kit is a proper PITA, I think its the 14mm, the one with the threaded collar on, every time its removed / unscrewed from the engine the collar unscrews with it and buggers up the rubber seal, what do we have to do to solve the problem buy the newer type hoses ?
Hi Liteace,

Let me look into this for you. Unfortunately I've been off sick the last couple of weeks, and our support guys have been away from the office on business.
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Liteace,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I believe the hoses were changed a number of years ago for the newer type. The decision being you would only need to change the end rather having a number of different complete hoses therefore keeping costs down and eliminating the need for the collar.

The 'o' rings used can easily be replaced and quite a common size especially if you work with A/C systems as they can be found within an 'o' ring replacement kit.

If you did decide that you would like to upgrade your existing hoses, which will still fit with your WPS500X. If this is something you might consider then drop an email into us and we can help you from there.

Kind regards

Ben

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

speck wrote:Hasn,t happened to me once. How about putting a drop of
lock tight on.
Lucky you, you must of got one of the good batch of hoses, Lock tight, so when I need to remove the threaded collar I cant cause its locktighted on !!

ben.martins wrote:Hello Liteace,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. I believe the hoses were changed a number of years ago for the newer type. The decision being you would only need to change the end rather having a number of different complete hoses therefore keeping costs down and eliminating the need for the collar.

The 'o' rings used can easily be replaced and quite a common size especially if you work with A/C systems as they can be found within an 'o' ring replacement kit.

If you did decide that you would like to upgrade your existing hoses, which will still fit with your WPS500X. If this is something you might consider then drop an email into us and we can help you from there.

Kind regards

Ben
Thanks for the reply. Should they have to be replaced, Ive got a well used 30 year old Snap on comp tester, never had to replace the rubber on that
I'll be in touch to see if we can get it sorted

Thanks

EAAD
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by EAAD »

Liteace wrote: get ignored when needed!!!!!!!!
:shock:
Weird that?

PhilS
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PhilS »

Hi Liteace

I know this thread is quite old, but I just wanted to finish it off with the reminder for anyone reading. I spoke with Ben and know that we sent some bits over to you last year to resolve your immediate issue.

I did want to remind anyone else reading this post to always email support@picotech.com for any support requests including questions like this.

Best regards,
Phil

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Sorry this one got overlooked, yes all sorted now, fantastic support, thanks a million