Hi from Sweden!

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Hi from Sweden!

Post by Tronic »

Hi!
It caught me, even though I am not precisely a new member, that I should write something to introduce myself.
I work as a technician and part time teacher in automotive electronics at an upper secondary school in Sweden. As I am a humble guy I would not even think of to call myself an expert when it comes to engines nor electronics - in the world of electronics a bit stronger though - so that is why I like to be here. My past in the latter - electronics - cover nearly 40 years of experience in different areas, one of them ranging from low to high frequency stuff, like design of GPR (Ground Probing Radar).

At work I do repair on musical instruments, guitar and bass amplifiers, keybords, mixers etc etc … well, in short: everything that has electronic components inside, for instance a welder. :D My free time is really crowded with a countless number of interests. Among them, or may I say the ones I like most, is HAM radio – been that since mid 70’s – fishing, hunting, build and repair electronic gears like automotive ECU’s, in short, as I wrote before, almost everything. Yupp! That’s me! :D

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hi from Sweden!

Post by liviu2004 »

Welcome Tronic, your experience will be appreciated here.

Just a thought, are you one of those guys which designs engine ecus, cause I would like to have a word with one of them ... :lol:

Kidding ...

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Hi liviu2004 and thanks for welcome!

No, I am not one of those guys, but I would be - if I were - delighted to answer all your questions about the very mysteries behavior of any ECU in any car! :lol: Well, had a look at what I wrote at the end of my post, and sure, one can believe that I am one of those engineers that build and design ECU's – sadly not! This is the funniest thing with not being a native English speaker. What I mean is that the sentence structure could make the reader believe something that is dramatically wrong and in this case; myself being one of those hot shoots. :lol:

At our school we have: two Pico advanced kits with 4425, one old 4424, WPS500X kit and WPS600 and lots of other accessories. Diagnostic tools: VCDS, Volvo Vida, Bosch DCU130, Autel MaxiSys MS906, Atocom and Tech Tool for Volvo trucks.

My hope is that I can share something usable for the members, but I guess that there will be more questions than the other way around. However, I will do my very best.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Welcome again Tronic :)

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Thanks Technician!! :D

I uploaded the psdata file as you wanted.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Welcome to the forum, great to have you here!

Sounds like you have many pieces of Pico hardware, I hope you are willing to share your findings with us. :mrgreen:
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Tronic
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Tronic »

Thank you so much Mike for welcome!

You bet I will share everything that could be of interest for all the members, but as I meant and wrote in one of my posts: I probably have many questions too and they may be more in number than the opposite.

One project I am working on at the time of writing is a hydraulic bench which is part of a course all students has to pass at our school. I have ordered, from a local company, a wide range of different hydraulic fittings to the WPS600. My goal is that the WPS600 will be one of the top tools in faultfinding all types of hydraulic systems and of course, for teaching all the youngsters along with our hydraulic bench. We will see how it goes though :D

I found out that there is not much to read if you google on the WPS600, so to overcome that, I will do my very best to shed some light on how and why to use this excellent tool even though my skills in this area is not the best, but luckily my colleagues are quite good at it. Probably it will end up with a few post with lots of question marks. Sadly, even though I am a part time teacher in automotive electronics, I do not have much time to do all funny things I want.

I am just a poor technician who is expected to solve all the mysteries things at our school... :lol: