BMW E90 abnormal battery discharging

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

BMW E90 abnormal battery discharging

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
On BMW E90 WBAVG910X0VG45780 I found a oil level sensor shorted to ground last week ago.
The oil senser was replaced,yesterday the car not started,no ignition,no dash light...
Today the car strated fine...I susspect CAS /SIM /SGM for this issue.Any advice is wellcome...
Here you will find the previous issue on this car.
Regards.
Attachments
BMW_3 Series_2007_Diesel_20140618-0001.psdata
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 478 times

STC
Banned

Re: BMW E90 abnormal battery discharging

Post by STC »

Victor

First I would say that a good or bad oil level sensor is not going to stop the ignition lights coming on.

I'm guessing that when it did not start yesterday that the car was with the customer, would be good to know what a scan tool could and could not communicate with in its broken state.

With it starting the real window of opportunity is gone. Any Fault Codes, clues now to help ??

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
Today I made some new tests:the central locking not work,no ignition with key in slot until I push fuses in A4010(image attached).The fault memory is full with CAN communication faults between modules...
I think there is a bad soldering on the pcb,tomorrow I will open it,maybe I will see something wrong there.The battery isn't discharged(like I said in title)the voltage readed by KTS is 12,2V with ignition on.
Regards
Attachments
e90.rar
(582.87 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Just a thought and whilst I cannot be 100% confident, somewhere in the depths of my mind the positioning of the DDM on the E90 BMW's. I have seen it in the past where the drain for the scuttle panel gets blocked and slowly fills the ECU compartment with water. Whilst not common it did cause a lot of communication faults and electrical problems!

Just a thought as I said and may be way off but worth checking.

Kind Regards

Ben

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi Ben
The E90, 91,92 also the 5 Series offerings E60, 61 have the PCM in a plastic vault in the NS Scuttle. Bolted down, Rubber Gasket, the whole shabbang.

However a failed ECT and coolant will work its way up the loom - Magic / Capillary effect - into the connector and cause havoc.
I have seen EGR, Boost, Anti Shudder Valve, ELV ... DTC's caused by that.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
My friend doesn't know if the windscreen was replaced or not but this is Pilkington without BMW logo...washing the car I can't see any traces of water inside.
In fuse panel and junction box(something like body computer) was some signs of corrosion. No signs of water in ECUs box ,no capillarity(this was checked when I discovered the shorted oil level sensor).
I will tell after a week or two more.
Thank you
After a week:the fuse panel was replaced,no improvement.
Now was replaced the Junction Box.