Ford Galaxy - 1.9tdi ASZ Engine Code

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
STC
Banned

Ford Galaxy - 1.9tdi ASZ Engine Code

Post by STC »

Good Evening

I have this as a Non Crank Non Start.

Terminal 50 at the starter motor is fed directly from the ignition switch through fuse 25. Manual Gearbox so No Relay or Inhibiter Involved.

Fuse 25 will energize when I turn the key, applying power to that fuse achieves nothing. Exciting Terminal 50 at the Starter Solenoid will induce Cranking. It will start for a second and cut out - Immobilised ??

Easy, I have a broken wire / volt drop between the fuse box and the starter motor. BUT !!! It is immobilsed too, fault code in PCM "Engine Start Blocked By Immobiliser"

Two Critical Faults always make me suspicious. Is there a viable connection / relationship between the two ?

Thanks

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Ford Galaxy - 1.9tdi ASZ Engine Code

Post by Dcunning35 »

Does the immo dtc clear? Is it logged straight away at key on?
Danny
Have you a vin or reg thanks

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

There is an ignition input to pats module from pin 6 of switch ,
Pin5 of switch goes to crypto transponder basically a relay il attatch an image

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

No the best image pal but you can hopefully zoom in
A picture paints a thousand words
Danny
Attachments
1484488089843-727961804.jpg

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Danny

Thanks for the info you sent, very helpful and appreciated.

The Immobilised DTC is always there, will not clear ever. I made 2 mistakes when I looked at this on Saturday, first I looked at ELSA for the wiring diagram and then assumed it would be the same as a VW Sharan in that if it was immobilised then it should Crank, Start then Die. That took me down the wrong road looking for 2 separate faults - Not Cranking & Immobilised.

So glad I asked first and didn't pull the loom to pieces looking for a break in the wire.

I have just logged onto Etis and can now see K191 in the CJB.

Armed with the new and accurate info I will start again, from the beginning with this as a pure Immo issue and leave the No Crank on the back burner for now. I note that the PATs module is wired to Pin 7 of the DLC so should be diagnosable.

I will send you the Reg No & Vin tomorrow.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Good luck , when I checked etis I couldnt find the switch for the kyrpto coil on manual transmission . Starting to recall that some of the diagrams are a bit hit and miss.
Just check all the different build dates and double check the pin numbers and colours .
Danny

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Just to add I dont the pats is serially diagnosable , I think the 16pin is only for module initialization and key learning .
Danny

matt copp

Post by matt copp »

hi, before you dive into the wiring what is your pats light doing? Is it flashing fast, if so it is not reconizing your key which if its a remote style key the most common thing is the small black chip falling out which is located in the blade end of the key but on the inside.
If the light stays on then there is a issue with either the alarm module or the pcm or wiring between.
Can you check any live data for immobiliser statuses on your scanner?

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Hi Matt, Thank you for the contribution.

The red LED at the top of the door is constantly on and the amber glow plug light in the instruments is constantly flashing.
Can you check any live data for immobiliser statuses on your scanner?
I have tried to get into the PATS / Immo module with Snap on and Launch - Not Communicating.

At this point I am thinking Powers, Grounds & Communication Lines between the modules ???

matt copp

Post by matt copp »

Hi yeh it sounds like you have got no comms with your engine ecu (pcm) firstly check your power and grounds usually with these models it is a faulty engine control relay which is located behind the fusebox below the steering wheel you have to lower the fusebox then there is a grid of relays and i am not sure of exact location as there are a few options depending on build date if you need more info on it let me no the build date or the reg and i can have a look. Hope this helps :D