wps 500

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
STC
Banned

Re: wps 500

Post by STC »

Hi again Victor
I used for VW/AUDI and the info was good.
VAG do provide accurate Cam Crank Correlation patterns in their SSP's. Not sure if it is for all engines but I have seen them and made good use. That may be the reason that the info for the VW/ Audi in Bosch ESi was good, I don't know !

Never looked in ELSA, is it there too ???

I did look on Autodata and Bosch ESi for Valve Opening and Closing angles for this engine and found nothing. I am sure I have seen it for other engines in the past ??

Do Volvo have it in their technical documentation ? Volrem would be the man to have an answer to that. :)

clt
OneWave
OneWave

Post by clt »

I have never see Cam Crank Correlation in elsa, only i SSP. If there are lucky it will come in Odis with time.

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

STC wrote:Do Volvo have it in their technical documentation ? Volrem would be the man to have an answer to that. :)
I have found no information for Volvo valve timing in their technical training or repair manual publications.
In many aspects it feels that Volvo thinks technicians are stupid or just don't need lot of information.

I believe I could get that information if I make a request to factory but haven't had big need for this so far.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

In many aspects it feels that Volvo thinks technicians are stupid or just don't need lot of information
It is not only Volvo, they are all the same !!!

Take Mercedes for example, their "First Time Fix" model is that if Guided diagnosis and a part replacement does not fix the fault they will allow you to take it off and return it.

steevegt
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by steevegt »

STC wrote:
In many aspects it feels that Volvo thinks technicians are stupid or just don't need lot of information
It is not only Volvo, they are all the same !!!

I agree with all of you, documentation could be better, or more accurately saying more "deep". The simple cam/crank correlation for instance, is information that we usually search inside a community, like picoscope webform library.
That can create a lot of problems, because we don't know if the community file is good or not, or if the engine that I'm testing should, or not, have the same exact waveform correlation... That could make us lose a lot of time, chasing something just because we can't verify with 100% certainty if what we are measuring is good or bad...

That said, you should know, maybe better than me, that we are all talking about the 1% of technicians that know what a cam and crank correlation is, and mostly how to use that for diagnostic work. What is the point of documenting that type of stuff if 99% of the target public is not going to make any sense of it!?

Just my opinion...

clt
OneWave
OneWave

Post by clt »

Sorry guys for the late answer, I have not had time to the volvo, but got a relativ compression. I will se if i get the time tomorrow i get crank and injektor one.
I think cyl. 3 is low??
Attachments
Volvo_V50_2007_Diesel_relativ kompression_dyse 1.psdata
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 243 times

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I think cyl. 3 is low??
Cylinder 3 is pulling less current than the others but it is minimal, I'm not 100% convinced that is the reason for your cold rough running. Could be wrong !

The Crank / Injector 1 waveform should reveal more useful data.

clt
OneWave
OneWave

Post by clt »

Hope this what you need.
I will be happy if you can explain to me how you get the formula to the math channel.
Attachments
Volvo_V50_2007_Diesel_20170119-0002.psdata
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 212 times

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

delete misfire on 2.jpg
That shows Cylinder 2 as bad, looking through the frames it does misfire often but not all the time.

delete good on 2.jpg
It could be shown better if you were to take that capture again with more time across the screen - showing 6 injection events across the screen not just 2.
Last edited by STC on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clt
OneWave
OneWave

Post by clt »

Thanks. Can you elxplain how to set up the math channel??
Attachments
BIL,KOMPAGNIT_0001.JPG
BIL,KOMPAGNIT_0007.JPG
BIL,KOMPAGNIT_0005.JPG