Diesel Return Flow Testing - Pressurised Piezo Return

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
STC
Banned

Diesel Return Flow Testing - Pressurised Piezo Return

Post by STC »

I'm wondering if any one has come across a way to test the pressure between the Injector Leak Off and the Return Flow Pressure Regulator on These Systems. The Bosch system relies on 10 bar pressure applied to the injector leak off circuit for the Injectors to function correctly.

When the regulator breaks down and the pressure drops they cause some weird symptoms.

My issue is that it is not possible to break into and "T" off into a gauge from any of that pipework without damaging it and replacements are stupid money.
Return flow pipe.jpg
This picture shows rubber pipework that could be messed with but some systems do use shrunk plastic pipework.

victor2k
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Diesel Return Flow Testing - Pressurised Piezo Return

Post by victor2k »

Hello,
For the piezo injectors I see on e-bay this test kit
Regards
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

The gauge kit can test pressure up to 15 bar.

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Victor

That looks like it could be what I am looking for. I will have to order one and see what comes out of the box.

Thanks

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

I have bought this item and it is right for the job.

I have access to an Audi A6 2.7 BPP Engine car that suffered from weird unexplainable issues. We had Idle Issues and silly Exhaust Temp Readings - From a car that was not born with a DPF or any Exhaust Temp Sensors Fitted.

The Parts Cannon had been fired at it - Injectors, Pumps, Rails, FRP, Lambda, EGR Delete, Remapped .... ..... ....

At the time we managed to get a known good running car side by side with it for 2 days to no avail.

It was by pure accident that we damaged the return flow pipe connector and had to replace the Return flow pipework which includes the 10 bar regulator. As if by Magic it was fixed, EGT was no longer fluctuating and the Idle was "Text Book"

Using this tool, I got the car back in and was able to conduct the Return Flow Back Pressure Test in 30 minutes to condemn the old set we took off ( kept safely ) and confirm the new set we fitted.

May help someone one day, hope so !
Last edited by STC on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

Good shout stc .