Vauxhall / Opel Vivaro 1.9 - 2002 - F9Q

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
STC
Banned

Vauxhall / Opel Vivaro 1.9 - 2002 - F9Q

Post by STC »

I got this van today with P0193 Fault - Fuel Rail Pressure - Signal Too High. Cranks but No Start

I tested the FRP sensor and found a Good 5v, Earth but 4.8v on the signal wire. Tested all 3 wires back to ECU - No Fault. Continuity, Load test, Short to - & + X Contamination.
Fitted a second hand sensor I had in stock, it started and all good.

Customer shows me 4 FRP sensors in the glove box that he has already replaced in 4 weeks for the same fault. I tested them and they were all "Short to 5v Positive" pushing 4.8v on the signal wire.

An Hour later I get a call and the Van has broken down again.

What is causing this ? All help very welcome. Thank you
Last edited by STC on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

roadserpent
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Vauxhall / Opel Vivaro 1.9 - 2002 - F9Q

Post by roadserpent »

Extremely high pressure, ( momentary ) ? super high voltage spike or jumping to any of the 3 sensor wires ? fuel additive that might be damaging the sensor from the inside ?

STC
Banned

Post by STC »

Thank You RS, Some good pointers there.

I looked at it again today and discovered that it did not breakdown as I was told yesterday evening. It lost power, I found P0100 code for MAF.

FRP is Fine and Dandy

I removed the MAF yesterday, I know I smeared some oil on the big "O" ring with my finger and re fitted it. Today I took the MAF off and the "O" Ring is missing ??? The Wiring Connector Does not lock in place - It did yesterday - I checked.

It had a Bosch MAF When I looked at it, today it had some Chinese Junk and a Bosch MAF on the passenger seat and all the Lies you could imagine

He keeps complaining it is sluggish and lacks power. I cant explain why but I opened the back doors today and found 2 scrap engines and a whole tree in there

Someone is a DIY Master Tech, thinks I was born this morning, not yesterday.

another satisfied EX Customer :D

bullstar
OneWave
OneWave

Post by bullstar »

Them customers just make me smile ! I usually charge them double :lol: