Chrysler Voyager 2011 - Wiring Diagram

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
STC
Banned

Chrysler Voyager 2011 - Wiring Diagram

Post by STC »

Vin: 2A4RT6D50BR776526

I am hoping someone can help me with a wiring diagram for the Terminal 50 Starter Motor Solenoid Exciter Circuit for this vehicle.

I have established that the Starter Relay is in the Engine bay Fuse Box, also a 40 Amp J Case Fuse that keeps blowing.

Any help, as always gratefully received

Many Thanks

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Chrysler Voyager 2011 - Wiring Diagram

Post by PicoKev »

PM Sent :wink:
What fuse # is blowing?

STC
Banned

Re: Chrysler Voyager 2011 - Wiring Diagram

Post by STC »

Kev

I have replied to your PM

I cant tell you the Fuse #, the vehicle is not with me. I can tell you that the when the fuse blows it is possible to start the car by probing 12v to the Terminal 50 connector on the Starter Solenoid and it will run all day without any other faults. I have fitted a temporary (Fused) switch and furnished him with a handful of spare fuses. He is a happy Taxi for now.

It is all very strange because My 40 amp fuse on the temporary set up never blows, the one in the fuse box does at least once a day and I am connected up in parallel. Just doesn't make any sense ??

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have already thrown a Starter Motor at it.

Fact is both the old & new starters could have the same fault.

If I had a short to ground capable of popping the 40 amp fuse in the Car then my Micky Mouse Add On should blow too but it never does. Surely, if it was indeed a Short to Ground, regardless of that Short being up or downstream of the point that I have T'eed in to the circuit. The applied current would take the path of least resistance and the fuse would do it's job and blow ??

It can't, in my mind be an intermittent issue, perhaps the short occurring through vibration, going over a bump etc. as there should not be any Voltage or Current flowing in that circuit once the car has started.

It HAS to be 2 faulty Starter Motors or that Fuse Feeds Something Else, Either by Chrysler Design or Some Carlos Fandangos Aftermarket Effort Scotch locked to it.

All of the above is Assumption hence the request for a wiring diagram. The car can be booked into a dealer to be fixed and Happy Days but I would like my sanity & mental health reset to neutral. A Taxi Driver Secretly thinks that I am stupid - Not a good look :D

thanks