Switching two cylinder running

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Switching two cylinder running

Post by volrem »

Terry Ferguson wrote: I plan to use the Probe MI074 on the plug leads, Do I need to use an Attenuator with this lead, The instructions are very vague, It looks like it has one built in, I plan to put one on coil lead & other on number 1 plug lead as reference, dose this sound correct? Thanks Terry
No need for attenuator. This probe outputs suitable voltage so there is no need for attenuation.
Terry Ferguson wrote:I can get 1 wire from all 4 injectors in one clamp i think, Can certainly get 2 in one clamp & other 2 in the other clamp, If I get 4 in one clamp & b is on Crank, what are we getting from this, whats the advantage of 4 injectors in 1 clamp? I assumed each injector would be monitered better individually?
Advantage is that we can see all four injectors. Of course it would be better to measure individually and if you have four clamps then you can pick each injector separately. But then there is no free channel for crank. If you have two clamps then use one clamp for two injectors and other for remaining two. Then add cam and crank also.

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

Thanks for the attenuator info, The Ecu will be here today, so I will set it all up later today, 2 injectors in 2 clamps 1 & 2 + 3 & 4, is this the best way or would you rather have 1 &4 + 3 &2? Then Cam & Crank, I plan to do long time base with Cranking from Start, I will then save a couple of others, I am having to take this on & off my lift, so I can do other jobs in my garage, But will get it back on lift once ecu Arrives today, Thanks Terry

volrem
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by volrem »

It doesn't matter which cylinders are in one clamp. Whatever combination is easier to do.

Terry Ferguson
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Terry Ferguson »

No problem, please bare with me, The ECU has not arrived, Will get tests done asap, Terry