DIY First Look Senx Sensor

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

DIY First Look Senx Sensor

Post by Fat Freddy »

After I read Dario's post using a DIY FLS, instead of derailing Hexibot43 thread http://www.picoauto.com/support/topic10159-20.html
I thought I would start a new one.

A good capture there Dario. It shows what can be done on a budget. I thought I would post up a capture using my DIY version based on an actual FLS. This link http://www.google.com/patents/US6484589 gives all the details in how to make your very own FLS and even gives suggestions on the preferred size of transducer to use. The one I have used is 30mm.

This capture is "98 Vectra C20SEL. Taken at the rail regulator. One injector disconnected. I haven't really played around with it that much and this is my first crack at a rail pressure drop. Turned out not to bad. Perhaps I should look deeper. :shock:
Injectors I.psdata
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 687 times
Cheers
FF
Injector.gif

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: DIY First Look Senx Sensor

Post by Fat Freddy »

Oooppps!!! Sorry didn't put up the link. It's now there.

FF

sigoaprendiendo
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by sigoaprendiendo »

Hi FF:

Thanks for posting your insights

This is the guy I was talking about, My DIY FLS close up:
Easy to build and fast response enough to keep an eye on the subtle changes from the tail pipe
Easy to build and fast response enough to keep an eye on the subtle changes from the tail pipe
And this is a waveform sample from the tail pipe:
The red trace as you know is the channel B and represents the exhaust waveform, AC coupling.<br />Channel A is starter motor current
The red trace as you know is the channel B and represents the exhaust waveform, AC coupling.
Channel A is starter motor current
KInd regards and happy scoping

Dario

Fat Freddy
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Fat Freddy »

Nice one Dario.

Thought I should chuck an image up of my povo pack FLS. Total cost was about $10 or €7. It may not be pretty but is extremely sensitive.
IMG_4384.JPG
Cheers
FF

sigoaprendiendo
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by sigoaprendiendo »

Fat Freddy wrote: It may not be pretty but is extremely sensitive.

FF
Hi, is not important how they look like, my DIY FLS doesn't look pretty good, but you know, as someone once upon a time said.

Looks like chicks at home :wink: :

Not pretty faces, but do the trick :D

Here you are another waveform sample:
Channel A is cylinder N 1 ignition voltage waveform.<br />Channel D signal is from my DIY pressure sensor connected to the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm in order to monitor diaphragm movements as fuel rail pressure varies according to injectors switching
Channel A is cylinder N 1 ignition voltage waveform.
Channel D signal is from my DIY pressure sensor connected to the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm in order to monitor diaphragm movements as fuel rail pressure varies according to injectors switching

Kind regards and happy scoping