No Readings

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
mikeevans
OneWave
OneWave

No Readings

Post by mikeevans »

I apologise in advance for what is probably a stupid question.Quiet new to picoscope but have used successfully over the past few months. Just trying to do a basic battery voltage / charging check having recently upgraded the software and I am struggling to get any sensible readings on the screen. Channel A is connected to battery + and - , +/- 20v but I am only getting a reading of about 0.5v. Makes no difference when lead disconnected, any idea where I am going wrong ?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: No Readings

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Mike, no such thing as a stupid question and nothing is easy!

This is interesting, can you clarify is all was well before the updated install?

What version of software are you using at present?

Can you carry out a battery test successfully using Pico Diagnostics (Not PicoScope)? This would help pin point software/hardware issue.

Can you read battery voltage on other channels using the same test lead?

Can you install the Beta version and report on how the scope behaves when using Beta software?

Take care.......Steve

tode
OneWave
OneWave

Re: No Readings

Post by tode »

I do not know if I can be helpful, but I have had problems like this using USB cables are not original and maybe of poor quality, and PC with driver problems of USB ports, in addition to the usb cable problem, I tried to uninstall the software pico, delete its folder (remaining files), clean logs with dedicated software, uninstalling usb drivers and reinstalling everything (including driver) and it works now. (Operating system: Windows XP 32-bit.)
Greetings :P