waveform buffer

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
swissmister

waveform buffer

Post by swissmister »

Hello
can the picoscope be setup to always record and save either the last 50 screens or the last 10 seconds?

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: waveform buffer

Post by PicoMike »

There was a similar request a while back. We resolved it with Window Dropout trigger. Although from your post I am not sure if you are talking about a triggered event, or just to simply record all buffers?

Have a read here see if it helps :)

http://www.picoauto.com/support/topic9891.html

Mike
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

swissmister

Post by swissmister »

thanks for the information. I will review and try technique out. This is basically a leftover feature I was looking for from using the Fluke 196/199 line that has a circular buffer and always records the last 100 screen.
I was basically looking for that feature on the Picoscope :-).
I am looking for something similar as I can be driving cars for days sometimes with the scope connected to be able to capture intermittent CAN Rx errors (for example stuff bit errors). So if my buffer is always full, whatever I set my time and sample rate too I would need to restart it all the time. That is were my question came from. Now after spending some more time with it, I have a feeling I can probably trigger of such errors to stop the recording. This Picoscope is really feature packed and it seems like it would be capable to this.
Thanks again for your information.

PicoMike
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by PicoMike »

Sounds interesting, please keep me posted on your next move :)
Mike Valentine
Online BDM: Pico Technology

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Swissmister, have you been able to find the feature within PicoScope you were looking for?

If we can help any further please feedback or if possible, share how you have applied the technique to achieve your goal as this would be very helpful to all?

Take care......Steve