VW Caddy SDI 2.0 2007 failing PD injection

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
HC_CDC
OneWave
OneWave

VW Caddy SDI 2.0 2007 failing PD injection

Post by HC_CDC »

Hi All,

Anybody seen this before, I have to decide (preferably without changing injectors locations), if this is a driver problem or an injector problem?
DTC on arrival, injector 1 outside regulating limits. Sometimes ran on 3 cylinders even after restart and @idle. Started discarding probable causes. Lift pump issues (replaced now @250.000 km), tandempump discharge pressure way too high, off scale 10 bar pressure sensor @900 rpm, New 30 bar hose to pressure sensor perforated during test (coincidence?) after that. Removed, disassembled completely, cleaned, inspected and reassembled, issue came apparently from return line in cyl head because the pump was fine. Extensively back-flushed and purged with air. Thereafter pressure at idle 5 bar, just reaching 10 bar at 1700 rpm, might be OK; according to my contacts specialized in diesel pumps, injectors and troubleshooting diesels it can reach about 12 bar at 3000 rpm, if higher and (7.5 bar and obviously too small) relieve valve in tandem pump is confirmed functioning you may have to clean out cast in return rail in cyl. head (that means you have to remove head in the worst cases).
ANyway, test drive after all this came up with this capture, injector 1 failing. Must say dis 2 short trips around the block no failures but the next trip going further this started. DTC shown, don't worry about the relay, had it bridged for bleeding and startup and forgot to reset it before test.

Cheers
Henk
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

20140614-the problem.psdata
(662.74 KiB) Downloaded 627 times

HC_CDC
OneWave
OneWave

Re: VW Caddy SDI 2.0 2007 failing PD injection

Post by HC_CDC »

What am I saying, this is not piezo, this is ordinary coil so then it must be a driver problem, too much reading about piezo injectors I guess, :oops: anyone?

Henk

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Firstly, that first post is a block of text, I had to read it over & over !

Secondly, what do the MVB's reveal, some good info if you know what you're looking for ?

Thirdly, there is more to diagnosing an injector than just amperage alone, they have power & ground too !

There's also more than one connection & harness from the PCM to the injectors themselves !

HC_CDC
OneWave
OneWave

Post by HC_CDC »

Robski wrote: by Robski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:57 am

Firstly, that first post is a block of text, I had to read it over & over !
A block of text is normally needed to describe a situation, don't think there is too much nor too little info given, don't yap just for yapping Robski, in Spain they call that being "pesado", nagging...
Secondly, what do the MVB's reveal, some good info if you know what you're looking for ?
What do you think the MVBs reveal when you look at that capture? That is if you understand where they get their data from.
Thirdly, there is more to diagnosing an injector than just amperage alone, they have power & ground too !
What do you think the power and ground produce in a coil?
There's also more than one connection & harness from the PCM to the injectors themselves !
Do you need them to analyse this situation, don't think so.

Look, I am asking for opinions, not for sarcasm or condescending replies, I think this forum is to expand everybodies knowledge and if there are what you consider stupid questions then either don't comment or place yourself at the level of where you think you can help.

No offense meant, just hoping to help you think in your future about how education and getting result works, it certainly doesn't work the way you treated this request Robski!

Cheers,

Henk

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

What do you think the power and ground produce in a coil?
No offense meant, just hoping to help you think in your future about how education and getting result works, it certainly doesn't work the way you treated this request Robski!]
I'm out, what a rounded door handle !!

You obviously know it all & don't really need help so don't see your point in posting, neither do you understand the MVB information available or you would have responded better to it. It looks to me like your PD knowledge is lacking, there's such an easy test plan or two here but good luck Mr know it all !