Software crashes when adding vehicle information

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Software crashes when adding vehicle information

Post by s4c »

Hi

For the last few updates I have been having an issue with the automotive software.

When I try to enter vehicle make into the vehicle information page the whole program crashes, gives me a problem page to send to Pico (which I fill in) and send. Then the software re boots automatically .

I have just updated with the latest software and have the same issue. I have erased abd reloaded the software but still have the same issue.

I am running Windows Vista

Any thoughts?

Regards

Simon

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Software crashes when adding vehicle information

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Simon from Steve Smith at Pico Technology. Sorry you are having these issues, can you confirm that the issue surrounds entering vehicle details from the EDIT menu or using the FILE-SAVE feature.

I have just tried a similar scenario using a dummy waveform and all entered OK. I have used 6.7.35.1, on Windows 8 is this the same software you have?

Could I ask if all your Windows Vista updates are up to date?

Do you have more than one version of Picoscope stored on your PC?

I am sorry if this sounds like 20 questions but it will help to assist.

Take care....Steve

s4c
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by s4c »

Hi Steve

It happens on FILE - SAVE and EDIT feature. Vista is up to date. Yes I do have more than one version loaded in case I have a melt down with another version while I am in the field. This has happened!

Regards

Somon

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hi Simon I have just sent you an email so we can report your software issues. Take care.....Steve

bhagedorn

Post by bhagedorn »

I am having this identical problem. I noticed that it started when I added a new user to my laptop. So I logged in as the other user, opened Pico and tried it there. It works fine for the other user. I need it to work for my original user though. Somewhere permissions must be messed up. Both users are administrators.