2004 PT Cruiser 2.4L HO Turbo

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
cudadriver

2004 PT Cruiser 2.4L HO Turbo

Post by cudadriver »

At idle with the air conditioning on (its working great VERY cold air) and the car in gear, the engine sounds and feels like its missing. once you start to go engine and air work great. If I turn the air off under the first set of conditions the engine sounds and runs great. Can't figure this one out.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 2004 PT Cruiser 2.4L HO Turbo

Post by Robski »

What testing & results have you done/got so far ?

Post the captures you have got so far ........

Also what sticks out in a wiring diagram ?

cudadriver

Post by cudadriver »

Only done the car's self diagnostic, got a P301. Not sure what you mean by "sticks out in the wiring diagram".

Avdr
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Avdr »

Is it an expansion valve or an orrifice tube AC system?

cudadriver

Post by cudadriver »

Don't know the difference on the AC. But as an update, it appears the AC has nothing to do with it other than causing an extra engine "load" at low rpm. Had a chance today to try heavy acceleration with the AC off and got a flashing check engine light. Light went out as soon as I backed off the throttle, check the self diagnostic and the only code I got was P301 which I know is a detected misfire in cylinder 1. Does it just need a tune up with wires or is there something else that can cause that issue? Thanks