Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Why won't the software above recognise the scope :?:

Lee
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: 6.7.19.2

Post by Lee »

Hi Robski

did you install with scope connected? you may have corrupted the driver.

Kind Regards

Lee - LMH Engineering Services :D

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Hello Lee,

No mate, i've just spoken with another user & he says he had the same & rolled back :?

Just gonna try again.........

Cheers.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

nah still no go.............

the software is not seeing the scope, i know straight away when opening as the second set of 'bing-bongs' don't sound :evil:

Lee
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Lee »

Sounds like the drivers possibly corrupted, best thing to do is delete the driver and re install it, simple process.

If you right click on 'My Computer' or 'Computer' depending upon your version of windows, then click on 'Manage'

This takes you to the Computer Management Control.

On the left hand side you will see 'Device Manager', you need to click on that option.

This then brings up all the hardware devices associated with the PC/Laptop as well as connected devices.

Now the PicoScope driver can be in either a Pico Technology Section, or the Universal Serial Bus Controllers' section.

If it is the driver corrupted, you should see an unknown device with a yellow marker on it, or you could unplug the scope and re-plug it in to identify the driver.

Once you've located the correct driver, simply right click on it and click on 'Uninstall'

It should then ask you to confirm and there will be a check box asking to delete driver software. Tick this and then click ok.

Once its uninstalled the driver, simply disconnect the scope, re-connect and it should re-install the driver.

Once you see a message saying 'PicoScope 4000 Series Oscilloscope' successfully installed, simply re-open the software and you should be good to go again.

If you get stuck let me know as i can email you some screenshots or if it doesnt work, then try Pico Support as it could be something different but i suspect its just a corrupted driver.

Kind Regards

Lee - LMH Engineering Services :D

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

i'll try that now, although i did install fresh drivers, the latest stable release see's the scope but not that Beta ??

Cheers.

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

Robski,

Are you using XP Home?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

XP Professional Tom

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

This is a known issue but we have no idea yet what is causing it. The one I saw before was XP Home. I have a PC with XP Pro that runs this fine. Guess it's not XP Home. :roll:

We have an entire discussion about this problem in the software thread on the 6.7.19.2 on our forums. The Pico boys have read it. Something in common here would need to be run down.

I think if you go back a build you will be fine.

We tried everything we know to get this to work for our customer....And failed. He reverted to the previous beta.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Ok Tom I'll roll back, i rather liked the idea of having the channels mapped out rather than creating them in 'Notes' :roll:

I might even not bother with a Beta & use the last stable version .........

Cheers for the heads up Tom.