WPS500X zoom function

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
eric989
OneWave
OneWave

WPS500X zoom function

Post by eric989 »

Hi all,

I have some questions about the zoom mode of WPS500X pressure transducer.
Question 1: when I selected zoom 1,that means that I selected range 1 and signal will be multiplied 10 times; when I selected zoom 2, that means selected range 2 and signal will be multiplied 100 times; selected zoom 3, means selected range 3 and signal will be multiplied 1000 times. Right?

Question 2: when I selected Automotive – pressure sensor – WPS500X pressure transducer – Intake Manifold – Intake Pulses using Zoom 3, the software will select WPS500 Range 3 for us. Does the reading on the screen is actual or we need to divided by 1000 times for actual reading?

Many thanks
Eric Chen
Hongke Technology,China

Lee
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: WPS500X zoom function

Post by Lee »

Hi Eric

Unless this has changed, the following applies.....

When you use the zoom function on the WPS500 you are AC coupling the signal within the WPS500 therefore the actual signal on the screen does not represent the value on the axis but it gives you a better magnitude of waveform to look at giving you better detail to allow you to see the events on what you are looking at.

If you look in the software you will see there are only probes for the ranges but not for zoom functions so your best off using the waveform more for diagnostic detail oppose to live data.

The Zoom multiplications are as you stated

Range 1: 10 Times
Range 2: 100 Times
Range 3: 1000 Times

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Lee :)