Seat cordoba revving problem

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Thomas1986

Seat cordoba revving problem

Post by Thomas1986 »

Hi,having a problem with a seat cordoba 1.4tdi. It's a 06.i am in the process of organising a picoscope.but in the meantime I'm stuck with a problem.when driving this car from third gear on, if you press the clutch to change gear it revs really high.it will go to about 4000 rpm and stay there till you engage a gear or clutch and brake.its a manual gearbox I don't think it's related to third gear up but more the speed you would be travelling at from third gear on.any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Seat cordoba revving problem

Post by Liteace »

Any fault codes, have you looked at any live data to see whats going on ?
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

Thanks for reply.no faults,codes. As far as live data goes there is not much I can see with my scan tool.need to get my scope.have you any ideas as in what could be causing this.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

what scan tool ?

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

It's snap on ethos.its basic all it really does is read codes and reset them.I bought it just to have at home at the time,garage I was in at the time had everything I needed.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

garage I was in at the time had everything I needed
have you looked at any live data to see whats going on ?
As far as live data goes there is not much I can see with my scan tool.
Something doesn't add up here :?:

Thomas1986

Post by Thomas1986 »

I am trade,jus don't have all diagnostic equipment I need at the min.finding it very hard to pinpoint this problem without proper equipment.Was hoping someone came across this problem before.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

finding it very hard to pinpoint this problem without proper equipment.Was hoping someone came across this problem before.
Then go invest.............

Sounds like you're in a very understanding area, i might sell most of my equipment & come work round there it sounds ideal.

I think the latter part of quoted statement translated = Was hoping for a silver bullet .

So the $1M question, when you get a scope what are you going to be looking at on the car :?:

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

I think I get this, you did work in a workshop \ garage that had all the diag tools but now you working from home and you only have a snap on ethos :?:
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi

I have a question.

What will be your next diagnostic step you take to solve this problem, when your are left with no DTC ? :wink:

Regards
Kim