Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
andygarv

Post by andygarv »

Hi all, my name is Andy Gravel, I have been in the motor trade as a technician for about 12 years now. I started working in the main dealers and now work in an independant garage with limited diagnostic facilities. I bought myself a 2 channel pico kit about 4 years ago. Didnt do much with it for the first 2 years then attended a 2 day pico course. I now use the scope at every oppertunity with relative success. In March I attended the Technical Topics 6 day boot camp, an all round good course. Since then I have bought a WPS500X pressure transducer, a little expirmental at the moment. I often find myself looking at a waveform and I dont fully understand it or know where to look to find the problem. Been looking for a forum to join in the hope of gaining and sharing some experiance, so decided to join this one.Thanks, Andy

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: New Member

Post by antthecat »

Hi Andy and welcome, the Pico is a awesome piece of kit, i dont use mine a lot at the moment as diagnostic jobs have not came in lately (but trying as hard as i can to incorprate the pico in the regular servicing and cambelts, not a lot of success apart from good cam/crank/wps waveforms for reference:D ), i also attended the 6 day bootcamp, it was a eye opener, after the course i sold my sealey handheld scope and bought a pico and wps and never looked back.

As hard as it is its best to play with the pico on a good car to make notes on set up and what you should be expecting to see waveform wise (i practice in my own time as much as i can). Also save a lot of good cam/crank waveforms for reference when a vehicle comes in with a cam sensor logged (you could use the wps also to check valve timing as James teaches how).

Everyone here is very helpful and dont be afraid to ask questions.

Ant

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi Andy,

As Ant has said - welcome and dont be afraid to ask questions / post waveforms, we are all here to help each other learn.

Regards
Alan

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

andygarv wrote: I often find myself looking at a waveform and I dont fully understand it or know where to look to find the problem.
Join the club mate, :lol: there is a lot of us have the exact same problem :?

Enjoy the journey to frustration and mild insanity. :lol: :lol:

Good to have you along for the ride.

Kev.

GRUSS
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by GRUSS »

Hello and welcome Andy! You sound like your in a simalar boat to me! Always plenty to learn.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

antthecat wrote: it was a eye opener, after the course i sold my sealey handheld scope and bought a pico and wps and never looked back.
Glad to hear it :) now you know why there was a certain amount of amusement when you showed off your tool.... :lol: :lol:

Kev.