Hows its hanging

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Hows its hanging

Post by Liteace »

Me new kit arrived :D :D
Ive just been look at the video's on the disc that come with the kit, i see the pico is hanging from the bonnet but from what, the USB lead, is that safe ?

Same as in this video:

http://www.picoauto.com/video/testing-coil-on-plug.html
DONT SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hows its hanging

Post by antthecat »

if your scope has the protective boot(highly recommended) over it it will have a black tag with a hole in it so you can use the s hook on the bonnet, im not 100% about the black tag's strength so my scope stays on the trolley out of harms way until i have made my pico boom.

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

No it dont have protective boot (would have been nice if Pico had have provided one as part of the kit as as opposed to charging extra for it) but nore does the one in the video and thats hanging on in there some how ??

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by antthecat »

I'll have a look when I'm near a laptop, I'm posting via Android.

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

I wouldn't have thought Frank was hanging it via the USB lead but more by something stuck to the back of the scope via double sided sticky pad with a tape or ribbon kind of material.

I have the Pico boot with hanger & never had a problem with hanging from a "S" hook.

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by antthecat »

Hi rob, I don't think there is an issue with the hanger, its just personal preference, just don't want to see my scope landing in the serpentine belt area (trust me, I am that unlucky it will probably happen).

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

IMHO, it's really not a good idea to hang it under the hood anyway. You really want it away from the EMI under the hood. Most use a dedicated cart of some kind for the PC and scope. The leads are plenty long enough to reach.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
Autonerdz

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Talking of leads or they silicon ?

Robski
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robski »

Ant

I wasn't doubting you thought there was an issue i was just kind of reassuring Liteace .

I don't hang mine under the bonnet i have a cart & a boom, if anything is under the bonnet its leads only via "S" hook & far away from heat & interference. I believe you have seen the boom at Niges 8)

antthecat
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by antthecat »

I did see Nige's boom, I'm in the process of making one out of scrap box section and steel plate for a box for the pico box to slide in. Will post a pic of finished product but please don't laugh at my welding.