Primary Ignition Coil Renault Megane

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.

Re: Primary Ignition Coil Renault Megane

Post by Guest »

Hi, Please can someone help me with the folloeing query? I have just recently had all 4 of my pencil coils replaced, as my Renault Megane was shaking whilst I drive, the car drove fine for a few days then the problem started again, and a sign came up on the dash saying "Check Injection" I have brough my car back to the garage and have been advised that I need a new injector, this will cost £100 to supply and fit, my first question is 1) If they had replaced the injection originally, would I still have had to replace the pencil coils? or should I ask for a refund for these, also is £100 to supply and fit a injector a good cost? as Im a Woman, so they probably know that I havent got a clue? please could someone help me out? cheers x

Dave Hill
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dave Hill »

Hi

Being a woman has nothing to do with it I hope, There are just as many men out there who are absolutely clueless about their cars. If you don't have any faith in your repairer then you need to find someone that you trust.

It is impossible to advise on your problem without some details from the previous repair. A list of fault codes & tests carried out would give some idea about their diagnostic approach.

It is even possible that an injector plug has not been reconnected properly & that it might have fallen off, Many technicians will unplug the injectors one at a time, to identify the misfiring cylinder.

£100 to replace a fuel injector, sounds too cheap to me.

Cheers

Dave

archebald23

Post by archebald23 »

i have a similar question which i think was unanswered, if for instance i have 3 ignition coils, 2 of which are old and 1 new. how are you going to test the flow of each Ignition Coil?